+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default false positive - ovarian cancer or just weird random???

Anyone have any experience with false positives that just turned out to be nothing? I'm kinda freaking out as I've had 2 faint lines and I did a google of false positives and ovarian cancer can actually cause!!!! We're not trying. I'm 40 and don't think I ovulate every month. I think I did this month but timing of intercourse makes pregnancy really unlikely though my period was due today. I haven't had a second to even consider how I'd feel if I was pregnant I just don't want to have ovarian cancer! my cervix is very low, wouldn't it have risen up if I was pregnant?? I'm nauseous but I've had the flu really bad and been nauseous the whole time. I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative.
    I know I have to give it a few days and if I get my period do another pregnancy test and if that's positive see the doctor about cancer tests but I'm already in remission from thyroid cancer so staying calm is virtually IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!
    AGH!!!!!!!
    I'd love to hear some false positive stories if anyone has had?? If it had just been one stick I wouldn't be so freaked out but it happened again. But why did nothing show up yesterday if I have a tumour??

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There have been some pg tests that have just been throwing up false positives. Try not to worry and stay away from Dr google, he is not your friend, but do see your real dr.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (19-09-2013),SpecialK  (28-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which brand test? Several brands do have warnings for women over 40 getting false positives.

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How long after did the line appear? Could it be an evap line?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I've had 2 false positives before, and I know they weren't chemicals as I followed up both with a different brand and got stark white neg.

I had one on FRER just under a year ago. Faint but pink and def there.

Then about 6 months ago I got a bright blue, unmistakable line on a Crystal Clear. Apparently the blue dye tests can be susceptible to false pos.

I would buy a different brand and retest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had genuine false positives on Internet cheapies. They were dip stick ones from fertility 2 family.

Which brand did you use? You could just be pregnant, it may be a beautiful blessing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are cheap Internet ones I got free with basal thermometor - I bought it recently to see if I was still ovulating - we use natural method but cycles strange so harder tell if still fertile. Rationally there is more pointing toward pregnancy, but I don't feel pregnant and just had bad flu can't see it's sticking through those fevers. For me to be dps sperm has survived 5 days in my tubes? at least. And I don't think I had any fertile fluid at the time. It seems so unlikely. Better than cancer though! Could be cyst or sticks dodgy but done 3 now!!! Will do in am first thing if line stronger then pg more likely. I'll figure out how I feel when I stops worrying about cancer

Thanks
    Reviews
    How'd you go op?

Did you test again with another brand of test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got a false positive on one of those First Response tests. I did another test and it was negative so I forgot about it. Eeek I hope it's not cancer. Sometimes Google is scary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes now I've done 6 - 2 different brands all positive and line getting stronger each day! That and no period I think it's pretty safe to say this is a true positive! Relieved not to be worrying about another cancer just in denial at the mo at unplanned pregnancy at 40!!