+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    There's always the option of alcohol free champers if you want something to pop.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't expect it to be served. Asking people to BYO alcohol isn't necessary, either. If they want to they will. I supplied beer/wine/champers etc at DD's 1st birthday, (as well as soft drinks) but that was in my own home. I still didn't feel the need to mention anything about alcohol to the invitees, though- it didn't occur to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it's upto you, do your friends and family normally have alcohol at their occasions?

Il be honest, we always provide a box of beer and maybe 2 bottles of wine for any occasion we hold. We had my DS bday recently at the park and we provided this? Along with bottles of water, juice and soft drink.

We do this knowing and trusting that our friends/ family aren't going to go silly though? If you haven't put it on the invite, ppl really want then they will bring their own? It's not a must because its a kids party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would never expect alcohol to be supplied at a child's party. If those I invite choose to drink then they just BYO. I doesn't bother me if ppl drink alcohol at kids parties so long as they do so in moderation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently went to a family kid's birthday party and automatically bought some beer to take with me, as we usually have a couple of drinks at family functions. A while ago I went to a friend's kid's party and all I took was a bottle of softdrink (it turned out soft drinks were provided). I didn't expect alcohol and wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to bring alcohol. Some others took beer/wine, but nobody got smashed or anything.

I don't have kids (yet), but personally I'd probably have a case of beer and a couple of bottles of bubbly available for those who wanted it. I'm sure people wouldn't expect it though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (19-09-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well I personally think champagne is obligatory at a 1st b'day, its just as much a celebration for mum and dad for their 1 year as parents milestone. I would say something like 'we are providing basic bbq and soft drink, please byo any extras'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I don't see why alcohol is needed at a kids party at all..

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HippyGirl85 For This Useful Post:

IrishDanceMum  (20-09-2013),Pearl Barley  (19-09-2013),Tildy  (19-09-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it'd be expected that you'd bring it and I hardly expect anyone would show up with a bottle of Jack Daniels and the intent to get wasted.

For a family picnic in the park we would usually bring a six pack or a bottle of wine to share, I assume that would be the norm for most people?

I don't actually drink, but it doesn't bother me if others do, as long as it's not silly. Or at a party where kids were dropped off and picked up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HippyGirl85 View Post
    Personally I don't see why alcohol is needed at a kids party at all..
    See this annoys me a bit. I'm an adult, I work hard and have very little free time. If I choose to have a couple of drinks at a kids party, who is that hurting? Provided I can still drive and care for children. Of course if the host doesn't specify I wouldn't bring/ expect drinks. We always provide some alcohol, soft drinks and juice no matter the occasion.

As for the OP. if I received that invite I wouldn't bring any alcohol. I don't think you need to mention it at all

12. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most little kids parties we go to have wine and beer and we have it at our kids parties (often at the park). I wouldn't 'expect' it though and wouldn't feel the need to say BYO.