+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default does this sound like a miscarriage?

Hi everyone. This is my second pregnancy (the first being successful) and i think i might be miscarrying.
    It sounds a bit crazy but on thursday last week after doing a gym class i had some cramping, not really sore but i did lay down on the bed for a few minutes.
    Then from friday onwards i just felt like i wasn't pregnant anymore. My boobs didn't seem sore, my puffy fingers went down, bloated feeling left. I even said to my hubby on sat that i think i lost the baby. He told me not to be ridiculous that i was fine.

But then on monday morning i woke up and started bleeding. Just like a normal period. red blood.

I went to er they tested my blood and hcg was 1357 and ultrasound showed gestational sac but nothing else yet and by my dates i was 6+1 and sac measured 5+3. The sac did have bleeding around it but she said it was common.

They basically didnt give me any answers as the US tech said it was too early to tell and hcg was low but still within range.

It is now wednesday and i have been bleeding on and off like period bleeding since no real clots or anything just blood.
    I have an appt with doc next monday but the not knowing is killing me!!!

Im just not sure what to think and i am holding out a glimmer of hope as i did bleed at some point in early pregnancy with my first but it was before i knew and just thought it was my period so didn't find out until about 7 weeks when the morning sickness finally kicked in.

I literally kind take my mind off it it's horrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh hun how awful the waiting must be. I cant help but thought id bump your thread incase someone else can and wish u all the best xxx

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How awful. Hang in there, unfortunately only time and more scans/tests can tell for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just spoke to a friend who has experienced 2 miscarriages and she said that was the same way hers went. I think i was waiting for something to come out so that i would know for sure but she said nothing but blood came out. no tissue or anything. It must be absorbed by the body or something.

I feel like i've lost it but need confirmation from doc so i can actually cry and grieve the loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs. The not knowing is incredibly hard.

If it was me I would call the hospital and ask them if they can get you in for a follow up ultrasound asap.

The hospital were meant to ring me to schedule a follow up but didn't (probably because it's the er and they are busy all the time) so I phoned them myself and they booked it in for the next day.

I hope that you get some amswers soon. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thinking of you ...

i have had 7 mc and sadly they sound alot like what your describing but I hope for your sake its not.... please ring your Dr or go to the hospital.. dont wait until Monday...

Thinking of you and your partner at this time xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    you can ask for another blood test to see if the hcg is rising or falling.
    Hoping for a rise in the numbers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a HCG blood test done yesterday and I rang the doctors this morn and they have the results but had to get the doc to call me. She said he is very busy today so I hope he is able to call before the end of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I would call again stating that ideally you would like to know if you are miscarrying. I hope you aren't. My local hospital has an early pregnancy service, if you are having any issues they test immediately and have emergency spots booked in ultrasound each day. Could you try that? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heard from the Doctor this afternoon and he said it seems as though I am miscarrying