+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Suspected ectopic pregnancy but neglected at the ER?

Hey everyone,

I need someone to talk to, maybe someone has had a similar experience as I am going through??
    So my last first day of menstrual cycle was the 5th August, and on the 14th Sept I took 2 HPT's and both were positive, my husband and I were so excited! It is our first pregnancy.
    The day before I got one very small episode of spotting but it was very light, like pink? And I got that every day up until now... On the 16th Sept at 8am i got crippling abdomen pain... So bad I rushed to the DR and they called an ambo and immediately thought the baby was ectopic. They said I was 6 weeks preg.
    Anyway, long story short I waited at the hospital until 5pm in agony screaming etc waiting for an ultrasound (at first they didn't even know if i could have one because they only do 6-8 per day) the whole exp was disgusting at Campbelltown hospital.

In the end after every DR neglected me (after the US they tried to discharge me 4 hours later and still no DR had come to tell me what happened or what I had to do next), they said I am "suspicious ectopic" and my HCG levels were 2410 on Sunday the 15th, and dropped to 790 that day on the 16th. I went home that night and was ordered to have my HCG tested every second day. The day after I got home the pain subsided and I was lucky my tube didnt errupt, but now I dont know whats happening. The bleeding is the same but the pain has gone and I dont know if i am miscarrying or if there is a chance the baby has moved and it will survive?

I am only 20 and this was our first

Please any help or advice..
    Last edited by Ninalanina; 18-09-2013 at 22:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Please go to your GP and get a referral for an ultrasound that will show if you have a foetus/blastocyte still sitting in a Fallopian tube or whether you have retained products that require removal. I would be jumping up and down until you get confirmation that the tube is clear as you are just at the start of your parenting journey and need to keep your tubes if possible. Unfortunately if your Hcg is decreasing it is unlikely you are still pregnant with a developing foetus however please get it confirmed on ultrasound- a good GP should be able to organise a pretty fast ultrasound and repeated bloods

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (18-09-2013),SoThisIsLove  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice jut wanted to wish you the best! The way the hosp treated you is terrible! With something as dangerous as this you would think they would be more concerned!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you've been going through this, sometimes I'm amazed how uncaring some people who work at hospitals are.
    As a pp said I would go to the doctor and get a referral for an ultrasound, they will be able to tell you what's happening. The places I've been to, you can choose to wait there for the results of they can send them to your doctor. Maybe you can wait then you can find out sooner.
    Wishing you the very best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    The drop in hcg is not a good sign & does unfortunately sound like a miscarriage. I'm sorry the hospital treatment was poor, I have heard a few bad things about campbelltown hospital lately. Are you getting the repeat bloods? They will give you a better idea & you could request another ultrasound through your gp in a week or so. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for your nice comments even though this is a bit late.
    I ended up losing my tube as it ruptured at work and had emergency surgery to have it taken out

I have a new issue now if you want to have a read of the thread i just posted lol xxxx thanks again