+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I totally tell my kids to go away all the time. I don't think it is anywhere near the same league as calling kids names.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-09-2013),HugsBunny  (20-09-2013),jemmajam  (19-09-2013),lovelymum  (19-09-2013),oozzle  (19-09-2013),Purple Lily  (18-09-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-09-2013),SassyMummy  (19-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (19-09-2013),Tamtam  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I totally tell my kids to go away all the time. I don't think it is anywhere near the same league as calling kids names.
    Oh yeah I should mention I mean calling your child a B....

I'm sure I've told my kids to go away. Or "just go and play" and shoo them off me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a school mum I became friends who was a bit loud and obnoxious, she would say somethings about her daughters that made me feel uncomfortable like she would say that she's fat and needs to go on a diet and tell her not to be an idiot etc ( mind you her daughters 6)

The final straw for me was when we went to the park and she went up to my dd and her dd and told them to get in the f****** car. I was horrified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Oh yeah I should mention I mean calling your child a B....

I'm sure I've told my kids to go away. Or "just go and play" and shoo them off me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I definitely agree there.. the name calling is awful but I'm sure plenty of us can admit to saying go away or another variance of it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Benji  (20-09-2013),HugsBunny  (20-09-2013)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't tell my kids to go away. I wouldn't like it if my DH or BF told me to go away, so I wouldn't talk to my kids like that. I will tell them to 'get out' of the kitchen when I am cooking but that is different to ' go away.' JMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope not OK at all. I've never done it. I don't understand why anyone would want to say things like that to their children or around them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen others doing this and its pretty gross. A gentler version of go away is fine, go play etc. but 'go away' itself sounds rougher. A woman who used to come into the shop I worked at would call her young kids all sorts of abusive names, and its absolutely not o.k, its very ugly.
    I'm far from perfect, I admit it, I do get frustrated and say silly things, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have never said, "Stop being a b*tch!" to DD... but I have said, when she's not around and I'm venting to DP about how awful she's been, "And she's just being such a little b*tch... does she think she's 15? Because she's acting like it!" etc. I have asked her to "stop behaving like a brat," before.

I think there's been one time we're I've said in complete frustration, "Will you just shut up for a second and listen!" when she was having a meltdown about something.

I've also said, "Okay, you need to go away and leave me alone for a bit, or you're going to get into trouble... and you don't deserve that, because you're not really doing anything wrong, but Mum's really busy, and I'm stressing a bit, and just need to be left alone so I can finish this... THEN I will talk/listen/watch/whatever it is."

She's somewhat treated like a mini-adult in this house though... I'm yet to decide if that's a good or bad thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've told the kids the go away plenty if times but I'll say it in a nicer way 'please leave the kitchen while I finish cooking' or something like that.

As for name calling, nope. When I vent to DF I may say this child or that child was acting like a right little poop head but that's about it, never to them or around them.

I think it's pretty sad to call your child names.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate that sort of talk
    the other night my dh said go away to ds cos i think he blew a raspberry in his face and got covered with ds spit... Ds thought he was being funny doing it but when he got told to go away he turned to me and just burst into tears... He was so hurt. Dh felt terrible .... Kids might not remember the words but they remember the feeling.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (20-09-2013)