+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    The card also had that Desmond Tutu quote 'you don 't choose your family they are god's gift to you as you are to them....' Pffffft!
    God buys some pretty ****ty presents! You gotta re gift that ****!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaenerysT For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    So they think they are gods gift? Lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

rach85  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    God buys some pretty ****ty presents! You gotta re gift that ****!!
    Bahaha that gave me and hubby such a laugh!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rach85 For This Useful Post:

DaenerysT  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    They are weirdos! Maybe they didn't like the name Dot and thought they could get away with changing her name to Amelia because it's close to her middle name? I wouldn't put it past people like that to try and rename your child. Crazy!
    Probably. It has made for some really awkward phone calls and visits! 'How is Amelia doing??' Ummmmmm who???? It drove me crazy the first few times now I'm just telling people FIL must have some real major issues with his health if he can't remember his grandchilds name. Hope that will get back to him.

Honestly, it is just silly. Surely people would see through that kind of crap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Dot is a gorgeous name. If that is the case as to why they are referring to her as Amelia because they don't like the name Dot, I think that's pretty rude! If it's a simple case of accidentally thinking her name is Amelia, than it's a different story, but sounds like to me like what I originally said.

I hope it's all going well. Nothing worse than your hormones going mental and you gotta deal with family crap on top.

💗

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh congrats on your new bub @Luminary!! I hope you and DS are well How exciting

It's no accident I don't think. They have her name in writing so they are either doing it on purpose or are too lazy and uncaring to read her birth announcement. If they were calling her Amelie I'd be less annoyed but to just change the name all together????

good thinking on the hormones, probably why I am having my weak moments....

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going @rach85 - any news from the inlaws?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caribbean For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (08-05-2014),Cicho  (09-05-2014),Justwant2beamummy  (10-05-2014),Meld85  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't say it has been easy Yes we have heard from them unfortunately, and nothing positive. The latest example- his grandmother called to apologise for her behaviour a few weeks ago in an attempt to smoke us out. We thanked her for her phone call and said we didn't know what the next step was and we'd get back to her. A couple days later she came to the house again when I was alone with the girls. I didn't answer and she had left a pointed present for my youngest with the usual kind of note couple a days later on my husbands birthday he got an unbelivably horrible text message from her. The rest of his family ignored his birthday.

That's one example of what has been going on. It is just never ever going to end and we are on edge about it all the time. On the one hand we just want to be left alone! On the other hand, it is tempting to give in so we stop having to deal with them in this way. We never will but it is a temptation I still want to pack up and move far away so we can stop stressing about seeing them in town etc. They haven't seen my youngest since the birthday party incident when she was 11 months old and they haven't met my 3 month old and I don't want them to even see them around town let alone meet them!! So stressful. So we still feel like prisoners because they still don't respect our feelings and keep any kind of distance. We are still running away or driving past if we see them in town to avoid the confrontation.

Wish I had better news! Thanks for checking in xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people have absolutely no idea The worst thing is that they have gotten away with this behaviour for so long they really dont see any issue with it.

I really really hope you guys have an opportunity to move - I know you really shouldnt have to but I know what its like to love with that kind of anxiety and it really is unsustainable for the long term.

I feel for your husband it must be so disappointing being treated this way by his own family...