+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep we stopped replying after the first one

And @Goblin Queen- not only texts apparently. You must have sensed them getting geared up for an attack! This weekend we got a letter from the paternal grandparents friday, maternal grandmother barged into our house saturday, his aunty and cousins barged in 7pm last night waking up DD.

I think they are ****ed we didn't reply to last weekends texts, and also trying to gather intel on whether this baby is born yet and try figure out when I'm due, and yep- christmas. They are trying to force out hand.

So completely ridiculous and frustrating. If they could just attempt thinga on our terms. Never going to happen though.

Small town, they'd work out where we are. Need to keep our doors locked at all times and not answer them. Prisoners in our own home! Or move really really far away....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh gee you poor thing! These people that are barging your home have no right to involve themselves!

How obnoxious and self-serving of them to wake your bub. How dare they.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Barged in? Were the doors unlocked?
    - did your hubby rip them a new @-hole and ask them to leave? Threaten to call the cops if they entered your house without permission again?

You poor thing xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (12-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm sad that I was right! I've known people like this before and if you refuse to feed into them, they'll bring it to you. I would be telling them bub is due late January or even early February to hopefully give yourselves some breathing room.

I second the question about barging in, how did they manage that? Do you have a security screen door and if you don't is it possible to get one installed? (if you're renting it might be an issue but you could offer to pay and it's only improving the property!). Then you can stand behind a locked security screen and say "sorry, DD is sleeping we can't have visitors right now. Please call next time.". What's annoying is that the extended family are also not following the ground rules you've set. This is NOT appropriate.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (09-12-2013),LoveLivesHere  (09-12-2013),Meld85  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Rach the whole family sounds batsh!t crazy!!!! How dare they barge into your home uninvited. I second PP's suggestion of a security door. I would also send DH to answer so they can't see 'how' pregnant you are (if that makes sense).

This is all stress you do NOT need and I hope things improve soon x

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (09-12-2013),BettyW  (12-12-2013),LoveLivesHere  (09-12-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (12-12-2013),rach85  (10-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rach,
    I just wanted to share this article. I read it a while ago during a time I was coming to terms with cutting my abusive parents out of my life too. It was really hard, because I have a picture in my mind of what an ideal extended family should be like. I think that you and you husband are doing well. I can't understand why people don't respect their adult children. But you and your husband have a lot of strengths. Is there a way that you could go away for a babymoon holiday type thing when your second little bundle comes along? Just to step away from it all. Anyway, here is the article http://www.slate.com/articles/life/f..._who_made.html

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spoon For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (09-12-2013),Cue  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ever considered moving interstate..somewhere ridiculously far ...to a house with no guestroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She could barge in because the door was open, and screen door unlocked :-O A new security screen and security camera are high on our priority list once Christmas $$$ are sorted. We own our house so no drama with landlords etc

Hubby and I were both so shocked neither of us went off at her. I wish we did but it was a crazy situation! DH got her out after about 10 mins. He was so angry at himself for being shell shocked instead of angry but I can't blame him, we were totally blind sided.

Next midwives appointment we are giving them a list of names who are banned from our room, so we will have that covered at least. Till then- getting a security system is all we can do. They'll never learn. They don't want to, they just want to do whatever they want!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I think it is high time you tell the rest of the family exactly what is going on. What the BIL had allegedly been doing. What your IL's have said.. Etc.. Lay it all on the table to anyone who wants to get involved and then simply state you don't want to endanger your children in any way, IL's have had multiple chances to rectify any problems between you all and they have made their decision. They can't have it both ways. Then tell them if they want to take sides then go for it but leave you out of it.

Also look at a restraining order if things continue.

Keeping the specifics to yourselves isn't doing you any favours if all they are hearing is a glorified one sided explanation.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

ButterflyMa  (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    Yep we stopped replying after the first one

And @Goblin Queen- not only texts apparently. You must have sensed them getting geared up for an attack! This weekend we got a letter from the paternal grandparents friday, maternal grandmother barged into our house saturday, his aunty and cousins barged in 7pm last night waking up DD.

I think they are ****ed we didn't reply to last weekends texts, and also trying to gather intel on whether this baby is born yet and try figure out when I'm due, and yep- christmas. They are trying to force out hand.

So completely ridiculous and frustrating. If they could just attempt thinga on our terms. Never going to happen though.

Small town, they'd work out where we are. Need to keep our doors locked at all times and not answer them. Prisoners in our own home! Or move really really far away....
    Move to Perth with me!

We can swap MIL stories!

Do they know what hospital you're delivering in? I would ensure that the hospital does not divulge any info to anyone.

I mean really, it's fairly simple to bypass the midwives station at most hospitals, and if they lie about who they are theyll easily get into the room.

And keep your doors locked at home so that you have no unexpected visitors once bub has arrived.
    Last edited by misho; 10-12-2013 at 12:36.