+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^^^^ agree totally.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I'd handle it differently actually.

Either both go, or neither.

What you've written above is the story of my life. My dh forgets/blocks it out and then I'm the bad guy again.

I find when dh goes alone, everyone is happy and friendly, thereby automatically making everyone think that I'm the one who has issues and that is 'poisoning him mind'.

Either go, or put your foot down and tell him no way that he can go.
    Argh yes. This happens frequently! We'll go, we need to show that despite us cutting his parents off for being fluffwits, that doesn't automatically mean we are cutting them all off. Just the ones being fluffwits!! So she gets her chance tomorrow. And we get a chance to prove them wrong without actually saying anything (they have been spreading that we are hateful and vindictive and have cut the entire family off for 'perceived' issues)....

So sick of them. Is it bad that I'm starting to wish I knew what I know now BEFORE marrying dh??? It is bad. It sounds horrible to say out loud

Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014
    6 angels loved and missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sucks to fight with the DH about his family. The only times DH and I ever fight is when his mum interfears, I get upset and angry and he gets defensive.

I would not tolerate the DH feeling sorry for them though not after what they have done, said and written (time and time again). He really needs to be with you in this. I feel from reading your posts that if they even think they have an inch they will take a mile?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    Argh yes. This happens frequently! We'll go, we need to show that despite us cutting his parents off for being fluffwits, that doesn't automatically mean we are cutting them all off. Just the ones being fluffwits!! So she gets her chance tomorrow. And we get a chance to prove them wrong without actually saying anything (they have been spreading that we are hateful and vindictive and have cut the entire family off for 'perceived' issues)....

So sick of them. Is it bad that I'm starting to wish I knew what I know now BEFORE marrying dh??? It is bad. It sounds horrible to say out loud

Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014
    Oh gosh you poor thing, what a dreadful time you're having. My MIL is very possessive of my DH too and threatened to kill herself several times as ammunition to get her way with things. She is not normal at all. Thankfully they live 12 hours away. She even asked DH to go and live with her back in the Philipines with her, and he's like, I have a wife and kids? So freaking weird. Now I speak to her very infrequently and she doesn't have much to do with us, so we just keep the peace. My DH is also way too loyal to cut them off though he's had plenty of reasons too, and the stress it creates between us is horrid. I seriously have thought the same that i'd have thought twice about marrying him if i knew what they were capable of. It's very very stressful and there's really no other option but to cut them out completely or the cycle will continue. You don't need to expose your kids to the toxicness of the inlaws when they have a perfectly good grandparent relationship with your folks. Also the whole dodgy BIL thing would make me never ever want them near me or my kids.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

rach85  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    It sucks to fight with the DH about his family. The only times DH and I ever fight is when his mum interfears, I get upset and angry and he gets defensive.

I would not tolerate the DH feeling sorry for them though not after what they have done, said and written (time and time again). He really needs to be with you in this. I feel from reading your posts that if they even think they have an inch they will take a mile?
    Yes that is exactly what they do. And I know everything said tomorrow will be reported back to them which is why I want nothing to be said.

Dh apologised. He said it is all coming from frustration, which I get, but I'm sick of it being taken out on me.

Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    Yes that is exactly what they do. And I know everything said tomorrow will be reported back to them which is why I want nothing to be said.

Dh apologised. He said it is all coming from frustration, which I get, but I'm sick of it being taken out on me.

Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 28.1.2014
    So sad, it's called the cycle of violence, same thing happens in domestic violence, there will be an "incident" (for lack of better word) then after that things will go back to being relatively normal, and the victim / victims will get lulled back into a false sense of security, that it's over, then of course the cycle continues and there will be another blow up, so sad

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaenerysT For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1382676008373.jpg

An image of what I was poorly describing!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaenerysT For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (12-12-2013),VicPark  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by V8 View Post
    Oh gosh you poor thing, what a dreadful time you're having. My MIL is very possessive of my DH too and threatened to kill herself several times as ammunition to get her way with things. She is not normal at all. Thankfully they live 12 hours away. She even asked DH to go and live with her back in the Philipines with her, and he's like, I have a wife and kids? So freaking weird. Now I speak to her very infrequently and she doesn't have much to do with us, so we just keep the peace. My DH is also way too loyal to cut them off though he's had plenty of reasons too, and the stress it creates between us is horrid. I seriously have thought the same that i'd have thought twice about marrying him if i knew what they were capable of. It's very very stressful and there's really no other option but to cut them out completely or the cycle will continue. You don't need to expose your kids to the toxicness of the inlaws when they have a perfectly good grandparent relationship with your folks. Also the whole dodgy BIL thing would make me never ever want them near me or my kids.
    Argh you poor thing So you and your kids don't see you il's but your dh still does? I honestly don't know how marriages survive these types of issues. It just takes over your life and the stress steals all your happiness! I guess that is what I feel on my worst days, but honestly if any contact with any member of his family leads to a fight what is the point???

I just wish there was an easy answer. And what do I tell our kids when they are old enough to understand that one set of grandparents aren't in their lives?? How do you explain it? Just tell the complete truth? It will hurt them and that kills me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol sorry everyone, having a hormonal pity party tonight. Would love a massive glass (BOTTLE) of red wine! I wish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hon you don't have to tell your kids anything you don't want too. Try to stand united with DH. Unfortunately he needs to see and come to the conclusions himself. It's tough but be there for each other. The old saying " give someone enough rope".... They will put the final nail in the coffin you don't have to.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.