+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4month rolling in cot but still needs swaddling to sleep. What can I do?

As the title says my Nearly 4 month old is rolling in her cot whilst swaddled/wrapped. She still needs to be wrapped as she still startles herself awake. I have a love to dream and have taken one arm off today but she's not settling. Suggestions as to what I can do I don't want to wrap her as she isn't yet able to roll back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had this issue with one of our children, but it was getting quite hot by the time he was 4 months (beg. Nov) so we had to transfer him across to light sleeping bags.

He started rolling at 3 months so we bought a sleep positioner - that kept him on his back until 4 months when he was able to flip over in that too, which is when we took that and his swaddling away and transferred to to the bag. We began with one arm, then two arms, then a little loose. It took about 3 days to get him used to it and start to settle a little more himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i put my ds into a snug fitting sleping bag. his first one had long sleve arms. this stopped him rolling. he's now in a very light, still snug fit, short sleved cotton sleeping bag and rolls on his side but doesnt go all the way over. he's been in a sleping bag from 6mths hes almost 9mths and he crawls and pulls himself up, but doesnt do any of this while in a sleeping ag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips will try wrapping different tonight and see how we go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looking forward to hearing how you go as I think this is going to be an issue in the not to distant future for my LO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to read the envelope wrap when my brain is functioning again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am working through this exact problem now... My little girl sleeps in a cot next to our bed...earlier in the week my almost 4mnth old started working at un swaddling herself... she would grunt and groan whilst she unravelled herself... this made me nervous as she would end up with it over her head etc. I tried leaving her arms out but she kept moving them and waking herself. I thought she could be hot so I had the fan and she was only in a nappy but she still would work at getting out of the swaddle. I decided to get her a "Love to Dream" sleeping bag where her arms are inside the bag. The first night it was like a fire cracker in a sack... she kicked and rolled and turned all night... the second night she slept very well but she rolls on her side to sleep... this worries me because of SIDS so I am always having to reposition her... tonight is the 3rd night so we shall see how we go!