+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We're going to Melbourne for a couple of nights in about 2 weeks. Taking the ids to the Melbourne zoo to see the elephants and possibly going on the Puffing Billy.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Do you mind if if ask why not? Family holidays are such an important part of our life (and we have cheap ones). It's fair enough if you don't want them but from your post I take it you'd like one?

Because my boys dont cope. We tried once... And it was miserable... The ammount of meltdowns ds#2 had... Ive never felt such pits of dispair before... We just arent a normal family, we just can't do things like everyone else. It turns into a nightmare. And i dont want to waste money on a nightmare.

I would desperately love a family holiday. Indream about it. But alternate reality holiday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are headed down to Augusta (down on the south coast of wa) in January for a week. It has become an annual 'thing', going away somewhere different for a week with dh's parents

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Because my boys dont cope. We tried once... And it was miserable... The ammount of meltdowns ds#2 had... Ive never felt such pits of dispair before... We just arent a normal family, we just can't do things like everyone else. It turns into a nightmare. And i dont want to waste money on a nightmare.

I would desperately love a family holiday. Indream about it. But alternate reality holiday.
    I wondered if that was the reason. 2 of my nephews are autistic. One has never had a holiday for that reason. It's just awful for everyone. My other nephew who is 12 copes fine but the travel there and back is always awful.

It's rough. I hope as they get older it becomes a reality for your family.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-09-2013),Glover  (21-09-2013),TimeForWine  (19-09-2013),Zombie_eyes  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep booked 10 nights in a beautiful 4 bd house on Hope Isl in QLD leave next week!! Outdoor spa all the luxuries can't wait I will be soaking up the sun and shopping up a storm lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heading to Hong Kong and then the Middle East for a 3 week holiday in 2 months. Very excited but also a bit worried about how DS will cope with the long flights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    The kids and I are heading to the Sunshine Coast next week! We are staying there for 5 nights then I'm taking them to Paradise Resort at the Gold Coast for a couple of nights. The last part is a surprise :-D

The last two times I've taken the kids on holidays, I've taken mum with me so this is the first time I'm taking them by myself!

I pay extra into my tax so that I get a nice tax return which I use to book a holiday. Making memories :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We decided to use our tax return to become debt free instead of a holiday... Not before I found 8 nights in Fiji for $6029 for all SIX of us, all food, flights, accom, and free kids club. It hurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    So you just did Bali on your own with 2 under 2?
    What did you get up to with the kids?
    My mum was over there with her partner too, so I was able to squeeze the odd massage in

But apart from that, we spent the days swimming, going to restaurants (waitresses take the kids off you over there so you can eat in peace!), walking along the beach, did a few day activities. It was fantastic and will be even better next year when they are that bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are going to Bali in December, so cheap!!!
    I picked up 4 return airfares for under $1900 and just booked 10 nights at the Bali Hard Rock which is a 5 star resort for $1700
    So excited, cannot wait, 10 days of fun in the sun with my precious babies and my amazing DH!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast