+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    We're heading down to the forest in south east Western Australia at the end of January as after 5 weeks at home with 4 kids I'll need a holiday. I found this place that sounds like something out of the 60s. There's a restaurant and kids eat free breakfast and dinner (before 530 ) and they have all these organised activities during the day. The kids can go canoeing, fishing, do archery, heaps of stuff they want to try but I don't want to have to organise only to have them pull out a week later. DH will be in charge of camp activities while I (hopefully) get to chill with the baby.

We're planning an o/s holiday with all 4 next year, possibly to Cambodia.
    I've stayed up the road from there in log cabins with fires and spas on the verandahs. Love it down there.

We are off to Singapore in the holidays. First overseas holiday with 4 children. I'll be able to say it was a good holiday of all 4 make it back.
    We camp in most school holidays and surprisingly it is less stressful than holiday houses because it doesn't matter if the kids break anything.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-09-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    Yes, DS and I are heading up north in 1 week, 3 days (but who's counting). We are staying with various family members. 6 nights in Coffs Harbour, 1 night in Ballina, 3 nights on the Gold Coast (with possibly a Dreamworld visit), than 2 nights in Yamba and back home. Can't wait!

Than 2 weeks after that, we pick up our caravan and boy- do I have some trips planned in that! All weekend trips (so as not to use up my AL). I have a weekend trip to South West Sydney, to North West Sydney, to South Coast and than to Bathurst for my grad ceremony- all before Christmas!

Then after that, in the new year- we are heading down to the Great Ocean Road for 3 weeks with the caravan.

Than after that, we are heading up to Port Stephens for the Australia Day long weekend in a resort with family.

Soooo excited!
    Lol, I might see you in Coffs. We are having 3 nights in Coffs and then DH is flying to Sydney where he will be working at a gaming expo and DD and I will spend the day making our way back up the coast with stops for swims, coffees, wees and foods and awesome looking playgrounds.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingInMuddyPuddles View Post
    Is that Donnelly River Village?! That place is totally a blast from the past!
    Karri valley resort.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

JumpingInPuddlesxxx  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Karri valley resort.
    It's absolutely beautiful there

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    Dh booked a week down the coast at a caravan park. We leave on the 8th of Jan. Not looking forward to it... would prefer to stick forks in my eyes than go

Yes fat lazy fingers did write this =)
    Can I ask why torturing your retinas with cutlery is preferable to what your DH has planned?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Omigod - it sounds like Dirty Dancing! I love the thought of that kind of holiday!

We're heading down to the forest in south east Western Australia at the end of January as after 5 weeks at home with 4 kids I'll need a holiday. I found this place that sounds like something out of the 60s. There's a restaurant and kids eat free breakfast and dinner (before 530 ) and they have all these organised activities during the day. The kids can go canoeing, fishing, do archery, heaps of stuff they want to try but I don't want to have to organise only to have them pull out a week later. DH will be in charge of camp activities while I (hopefully) get to chill with the baby.

We're planning an o/s holiday with all 4 next year, possibly to Cambodia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're off camping (like every holiday!). This time to Ballina. Lots of swimming, relaxing and book reading (adults) and swimming, beach play, scootering, bike riding etc for the kids. Can't wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Omigod - it sounds like Dirty Dancing! I love the thought of that kind of holiday!
    That's exactly what I thought when I read the details on the website. I may be 42 and have 4 kids but dammit I'm going to find a couple much older than me, sit between them in the dining hall and have DH come up to me and grab me and say "nobody puts baby in a corner".

Then I'll go home and breastfeed.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-09-2013),Glover  (21-09-2013),HearMeRoar  (19-09-2013),Jellyfishie  (21-09-2013),Mokeybear  (18-09-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (21-09-2013),tatia&shura  (21-09-2013),TimeForWine  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    bahaha, I went to the Catskills in NY - which is where it was filmed. I was quite devastated to find out that there are no places like that anymore. Sniff.

You and your DH will have to do the dance - if you are going to do it - it has to be all or nothing!

That's exactly what I thought when I read the details on the website. I may be 42 and have 4 kids but dammit I'm going to find a couple much older than me, sit between them in the dining hall and have DH come up to me and grab me and say "nobody puts baby in a corner".

Then I'll go home and breastfeed.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    We're off camping (like every holiday!). This time to Ballina. Lots of swimming, relaxing and book reading (adults) and swimming, beach play, scootering, bike riding etc for the kids. Can't wait.
    And dinner at the rsl club?? No trip to ballina is complete without a prawn cocktail at the rsl club.