+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 week development

I breastfeed baby and he has a fair bit of reflux which can bother him - he cries a fair bit other than when I am feeding him or when he's asleep. I don't recall any waking moments when he is happy and engaged. I read babies should be smiling and things by now but I'm not seeing that. He doesn't seem to be aware of me at all.. Should I be concerned?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No sounds normal to me. DD started to interact at 7-8 weeks. DS maybe a bit earlier (DD was born 3 weeks early so that could make a difference). 5 week old babies are still just feeding-sleeping-crying machines!

Development milestones usually happen in a time range, some babies do things early in the range others later. Generally it has little bearing on their future development.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    No sounds normal to me. DD started to interact at 7-8 weeks. DS maybe a bit earlier (DD was born 3 weeks early so that could make a difference). 5 week old babies are still just feeding-sleeping-crying machines!

Development milestones usually happen in a time range, some babies do things early in the range others later. Generally it has little bearing on their future development.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub
    Thank you This is reassurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very normal. They usually start to interact around 2 months. How is everything going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd was little (expletive) at that age... Loved her to bits but she was so miserable, grew out of her reflux and colic by 4-5 months and interacts great now, makes it all worth it

Edit: just realised this is an old post- hopefully things are a little easier for you now