+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can a positive pregnancy test become lighter from drinking more water?

Hi everyone.

As the title suggests I was wondering if the line on a positive pregnancy test can become lighter if you have been drinking a lot more water and making the urine more diluted.

I got a very faint positive on Monday morning then a much darker line in the afternoon. I don't normally drink enough water so (tmi) this urine was yellow and more concentrated. On Tuesday morning I got another strong positive line and had slept through the night without going to the bathroom. So I started drinking a lot more water because I know I don't drink enough. I am a school teacher and can't often go to the bathroom during the day so drinking lots is hard. Yesterday I drank about 3 bottles of water and I had pee a lot more than usual. I also got up in the night to pee. Now when I test the line is lighter. Not as light as the first light positive. It is still definitely there.

I am hoping this might just be because I have been drinking a lot more and my urine is now clear and much more diluted. Could this be the case or does it mean that this may turn into a negative?
    Any advice would be much appreciated

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, can definitely be the case especially if you got up to pee through the night your FMU won't be as concentrated. Congratulations!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi, it is very likely your extra fluid intake has diluted the test. What time did you do your last test and how many hours before did you go toilet?
    The best time to test is first thing in the morning (after no going to the toilet through the night.)
    Or if during the day, wait at least 3 hrs inbetween with no fluid intake.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I will do one again today and not drink so much before. It's so hard cos I need to pee so much haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it can definitely make the line lighter. I got stronger positives in the afternoon than I did with FMU because I was having to get up to pee more at night.

Congrats on your .

Thanks
    Reviews
    You were all correct I took another test this afternoon after not so much water and going longer between peeing. The line was as dark as the control line. I am bought a digital test which also came out as pregnant and matching up to the weeks that we have worked out that I should be. I think I am 4 weeks 3 days. Going to the doctor on Tuesday

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMoosey For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (18-09-2013),Stretched  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yay!! Congrats!!