+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had one of each too and I would take the good night sleeper every time!!! 😴😴😴😴

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I think I jinxed myself... I've been up with DD since 3:30

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good sleeper. I have little to no patience at night time- 5 min of awake time and I'm looking for the nurofen! I'd probably resort to long walks in the pram if I had to during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My second started sleeping through at around 6 weeks, trade off was a couple of 30 min blocks and hours of sookyness. Was good to begin with but then I really wasn't getting that much sleep because I was up until 12-1 cleaning most days.

now she won't sleep at all and it's sh*t house

my first slept during the day but not at night.

i think I prefer a night sleeper, at least I'm not cranky, and who cares if the house work gets left for a few days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Night sleeper please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely a night sleeper!! I find it much easier to cope with day time craziness after a decent night sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it depends on the type of person you are. If you can get a good nights sleep, then coping with a full-on attention demander during the day would be easier. However, if you don't sleep properly at night anyway, what difference does it make devoting some of your nighttime wakefulness to a baby.

I would probably cope better with the latter, because I can function of minimal sleep (before the age of 30, I slept only 4 hours a night). But I think the former would be much better for the child, so I'll pick that option instead.

DD1 was the extreme of the latter - and it was a little too much to cope for. As a newborn, she was happy and content and just wanted to be talked to and played will all day (and night). She breastfed every hour on the hour (except for 2am and 3am) so 22 feeds a day. She slept from 1:30am-3:30am only, and had no naps other than that.

At the time, I thought she was an easy baby - but in hindsight realise it would be nigh on impossible with a toddler as well. Also, two hours sleep a night wasn't enough for me, and After about a month I remember putting her on the rug on the floor so that I could lie down on the couch to cry - and she whinged 'cause I wasn't paying attention to her. But I would get through the emotional break, and then resume as her next feed became due.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 18-09-2013 at 08:44.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (18-09-2013)