+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sleep

I can put up with heaps during the day - but - at night, when I finally do get there ... I need my sleep

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sleep please. I would like my adorable, beautiful, friendly, laughing, easy going, never-a-tear DD to sleeeep. DS slept through the night and napped well, but was a lot more work in the day. He was far easier.
    Also, it's much easier to get someone to take a baby off your hands in the middle of the day than the middle of the night. If you have a bad sleeper you get little to no respite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a full on baby who didn't sleep at night. I would choose night sleeper any day of the week.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the first one. DS is very full on during the day because he is non stop but is a great sleeper at night and I'm pretty happy with it. I function way better when I've had a good nights sleep and made it much easier for me to return to work.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I would definitely take the night sleeper.

Even if bubs is fussy during the day, with changes she will get easier (and you will learn what she likes and how to get around her fussy(er) stages in order to get stuff done)

Int he mean time ... be nice to yourself. It doesnt matter what the house looks like, or how little you get done. They are only that tiny for such a short time, and DH etc can live with the mess or do a bit more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It depends on how bad you call bad night sleep.

DD barely napped until she was 1, but was sleeping 12-13 hours at night by 12 weeks. It was full on, all housework would get done after her bedtime. The upside was I never had to work around her naps!

DS is 14 weeks and naps better than DD, so I get breaks through the day and is less 'needy' than she was, so I can get much more done. But he wakes a couple of times a night. Ask me again if he's still waking overnight at 1, but for now I prefer this.

BUT when he decides to feed every 2 hours all night, then I want the night sleeper!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleep all the way. It's been 3 years since I've regularly slept through the night. It's just a selfish dream of mine these days.

My full on DS sleeps fairly well now he's a bit older and my easy-ish dd is a nightmare overnight. Guess I'm blessed with both lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I would actually prefer to be awake more at night and have a baby who sleeps a bit during the day.

Ive had both - my older 2 didnt sleep through for years and were awake frequently (6times a night) but my middle son has big naps, he was still having an almost 4 hour day nap at 2.5

But DS3 sleeps well at night (1 wake up at around 3am if he wakes at all) but days are shocking anf he cries a lot. Its tough cos it means I have no day time to focus more on my other 2 kids cos DS3 screams the house down if I dare put him down for a second. So for the sake of my older kids, I would rather be tired than have no time to devote to them because DS3 wont nap.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD sleeps at night, wakes 3-4 hrs for a feed but full on during the day, only has 10 min naps when being held and needs constant attention, but I am pretty happy with that.
    Id rather sleep at night so we can be happy and still go out during the day. If i got no sleep at night and only during the day id probs never get to go for walks or go out with her because id be too tired
    I do know what u mean about hardly.getting stuff done..i try to do it while baby wearing too or if im desperate to vaccum or mop ill wait till DH is home so he can mind her or ill wait till DD is asleep at night so i can wake up with a clean house in the morning !

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by MrsHoward; 18-09-2013 at 06:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had both as newborns ... well #1 was a bad sleeper all the time due to relflux, but once the reflux was controlled I wouldn't feed more than 3 hourly and usually 4 hourly. Then #2 came along and she wanted 2 hourly daytime feeds and she fed well, but then she'd sleep 12 hours a night (from a few weeks old) and I found it hard to get things done. BUT, I don't think I appreciated the fact that I was getting sleep enough. Daytimes were frustrating, but the sleep was heaven ... she stopped doing that at 3.5 months and was full on day & night ... that's when I realised the sleep had been wonderful ...