+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default If you had to choose one..

Which would it be?

- a good sleeper at night, but quite full on during the day

Or

- quite content during the day, but terrible sleeper at night?

I know it seems obvious at first, but really think about it...
    ... I've had both- my boys were horrible night sleepers but I could get stuff done during the day. Dd is hard work during the day but great once you get her to sleep at night. I feel awful looking around the house ATM because I'm just the bare minimum done and its annoying- my back and arms are so sore from holding her all day. (Yes, I do baby wear, but she gets tired of it and so does my back!)

So if you had to pick one, which would you choose and why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have the bottom, so I long for the top and would happily trade. I'm so much more able to deal with the day to day when I've had a good nights sleep. I'm so not a morning person!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Either of those would be a dream! I have a 'full on during the day then refuse to sleep during the night' child. Not sure where the energy comes from!
    I think I would prefer sleep at night though because I would need to recharge.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ps, does she have a swing? Mine was terrible during the day until we started using the swing for naps. Now I can pop him in (once he's been changed had boobs and snuggles) and he will happily look around and or drift off to sleep gently with no tears. God I love that swing!!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    Ps, does she have a swing? Mine was terrible during the day until we started using the swing for naps. Now I can pop him in (once he's been changed had boobs and snuggles) and he will happily look around and or drift off to sleep gently with no tears. God I love that swing!!
    Funny you ask- we just pulled it out today and got it going again- it's hit and miss at the moment. Sometimes she'll go to sleep, others she wants out straight away. Yep, she is her mothers daughter- she doesn't know what she wants!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Night sleeper. I feel much better if I manage to get 5-6 hours of straight sleep. Doesn't happen every night but I normally get a few a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would totally pick a good night sleeper because then you get the energy to deal with the day.

Both of mine are rubbish night sleepers plus high maintenance during the day and I work part time in a demanding career.

Honestly, I would almost kill for decent unbroken sleep at night. I get 3-4 hour stretches on a good night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one of each at the moment (granted one is only 1 week old so waking constantly is understandable ha) but I don't know which is more exhausting?! Argh, what I would do for more than 2 hours sleep at a time right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good sleeper.

I am lazy as hell anyway, and I work, so I'd just send them to daycare (lol) and not have to deal with them anyway. I REQUIRE sleep or I'm a complete jerk.

I am so glad DD was a good sleeper, or I would have been the worst mother... I am seriously a complete a-hole if I have no sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good sleep at night!