+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I forgot! We usually have pancakes or crepes on Sunday morning- I started cooking eggs as our 'special breakfast' more often, but when we did have pancakes, I had an 'egg crepe', which is an egg beaten (with a fork) with a little cream, a tsp xylitol and about a tblsp cream. Put butter in a frypan, add the egg mix and swirl to coat pan like you would a crepe. Flip and cook other side. Take off pan and fill with a mix of ricotta, vanilla, lemon rind, tsp xylitol. Serve with strawberries. SOOO yummy and gets you over that feeling of missing out on pancakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mmmm pancakes, yum.

I make a low carb 'pancake' by whisking a few eggs and adding mashed banana and a little cinnamon.

I cook it like a pancake, then drizzle some honey over it. Yummo

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Sounds yum. I'm trying to keep my carbs below 20grams per day. Once I have some meat, eggs, vegetables and an atkins chocolate bar for a snack and some milk in my coffee I can't really fit any fruits or dairy into the 20grams.

Have you been counting your carbs?
    Nah, I don't count carbs because I don't need to lose weight. For me its all about feeling better by eliminating sugar, wheat and grains. I detoxed from sugar in June 2012 and now I can eat dairy or fruit without getting sugar cravings. Now that I read that it kinda sounds contradictory, I eat lactose and the fructose in small amounts of fruit, no added sugar and only low carb fruits like berries, pears etc.
    Last edited by threechooks; 21-09-2013 at 18:59.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to threechooks For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is this safe during pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    Nah, I don't count carbs because I don't need to lose weight. For me its all about feeling better by eliminating sugar, wheat and grains. I detoxed from sugar in June 2012 and now I can eat dairy or fruit without getting sugar cravings. Now that I read that it kinda sounds contradictory, I eat lactose and the fructose in small amounts of fruit, no added sugar and only low carb fruits like berries, pears etc.
    I have tried to stick to around 20g carbs per day (usually with a cheat day on Sundays), and it helped me to lose the 14kg I gained during pregnancy. I'm now at 57kg but would like to get to 55kg so I am going to keep going with the 20g carb limit per day. Once I reach my goal, I would then be happy to add some dairy and fruit back into my diet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update in case anyone is reading up on low carb diets. I have lost another kilo. I'm at 56.7kg now and doing my best to get to my goal weight of 55kg.

Low carb is really working well for me, just wish I could sneak in a bit more chocolate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on the cohens diet

Very low carb

I've lost 9kg in 5 weeks
    DH lost 16 KGs in 10 weeks and kept it off for over 2 years now