+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just eating my after dinner treat, low sugar dark choc bar, yum! I love low carb eating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I'm paleo and no sugar. I had my first piece of fruit yesterday in a few weeks.
    What is the theory behind paleo? What does a typical day of eating look like for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    I am low carb, high fat. No sugar (lactose only), no wheat no highly processed foods. Today I ate scrambled eggs made with cheese, cream, bacon, mushroom and spinach and for dinner a mince bolognaise sauce on cabbage with lots of cheese on top. The low-fat diet is the biggest dietary con! It is grains and sugar that are making us fat and sick. The only carbs I eat are in green veges, pumpkin (once a week) and berries. I am loving strawberry season at the moment and I eat them with full fat greek yoghurt. Google LCHF diet. There is a lot of info out there. People think you cannot live without carbs. You can. People do. I do. I have energy, no bloating and I exercise. We have been wrongly led to believe incorrect information and diet and I truly believe in the next 10 years the medical profession and the government will change their dietary guidelines. The best book to read is "Good calories, bad calories" by Gary Taubes. It has changed my life. I have lost only 3 kilos eating this way since January but I wasn't overweight to start with (7cm off my waist) HTH.
    What sort of things do you have for lunch? Looking for ideas

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Today I had bacon, mushrooms and baby spinach cooked in a bit of butter with two runny eggs on top, lots of pepper. Sometimes I have a 'pick plate.' which might have some feta cheese, some almonds and some cherry tomatoes. Leftover meat and salad or a smaller version of last nights dinner put aside.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had strawberries and a little full fat cream for dessert. Great low-carb dessert!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    Just had strawberries and a little full fat cream for dessert. Great low-carb dessert!
    Sounds yum. I'm trying to keep my carbs below 20grams per day. Once I have some meat, eggs, vegetables and an atkins chocolate bar for a snack and some milk in my coffee I can't really fit any fruits or dairy into the 20grams.

Have you been counting your carbs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today I ate

3 eggs, scrambled in butter
    Salad with smoked salmon
    Atkins chocolate
    Shepherds pie
    Low sugar dark chocolate

The above would contain under 20g of carbs, so I'm happy with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    What is the theory behind paleo? What does a typical day of eating look like for you?
    Basically eating like our ancestors, organic fruits, vegs, grass fed meat. Grain free, gluten free, chemical free.

Low carb works for me but i cheat here and there with mostly fruits so i'm doing paleo, if not losing weight at least it's healthy.

This is lunch today. Mushroom steak, salad, onion, left over beef ribs. Dinner will be just beef and salad, water melon for dessert.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I try to have a very low carb.
    My plan consists of:
    Breakfast - Fruit and yoghurt
    Morning Tea - Boiled egg
    Lunch Salad and tuna
    Afternoon - Weight watchers fruit cup
    Dinner - Some sort of lean protien and salad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was low-carbing and am trying to get back to it again, but finding it difficult because it requires a bit of organisation.

I found once I got the ball rolling, I really didn't miss carbs much at all, and I felt so good. Its just hard to stick to as 'convenience foods' are usually high carb-high sugar, and I am always rushing around needing convenient snacks lol!

I'm slowly getting back into it though as i feel so much better on less carbs and my skin has gone **** (rosacea I suspect?) and from reading a few forums, it can improve with less carbs.

Anyway, I used to have a protein shake often for breaky coz it was too hard getting out of the house on time if I cooked eggs. Otherwise I'd have full fat greek yogurt with berries and a protein mix- chopped nuts, lsa etc. I also cooked a frittata every couple of days- 8 eggs, a little cream and some cheese and veggies, and I'd have a quarter for either breaky or with salad for lunch.

snacks- small handful of nuts, apple slices with parmesan, celery and nut butter, half a low-carb bar (tried to avoid as processed and expensive) or a carrot muffin made with Fibrex, boiled egg, cheese and tomato slices, thats all I can think of right now! Something with protein basically.

Lunch- eggs and bacon/mushroom/tomato/spinach. frittata (as above), salad with tuna or eggs, leftovers... I struggled a bit with lunch ideas.

Dinner I had whatever the family ate but if they had rice I replaced it with 'cauliflower rice' (google it- its delish), pasta I replaced with steamed vegies- so spaghetti bol, I had bolognese with vegies. Basically some version of meat and veg or egg and veg.

I tried not to have dessert but if I did I had a couple of squares of sugar free chocolate.

I also had that boiled orange cake made with almond meal for treats, with strawberries and cream. I replaced the sugar in it with xylitol.

I tried to stick to 1 piece fruit a day or none. And tried to not have grapes, mango, banana etc too often.

For a drink if I really felt I was missing out I'd squeeze a lime, add a tsp of xylitol and ice and sparkling mineral water, which is yummy!

I didn't give up coffee but only had one milky coffee in the morning usually unless meeting people for lunch.

I'm feeling inspired now lol!
    Last edited by Annabella; 20-09-2013 at 12:52.