+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone following a low carb or atkins type eating plan?

I am having great success with this style of eating. I lost all of my baby weight in 4 months (14kg) and would like to lose about 3 or 4 more kilos.

Would love to share some meal ideas, and menu plans with others who are also adhering to this type of diet.

Anyone else a devotee of low carb?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely try to. Can't remember the last time I had white rice, white bread or pasta. I love Mountain bread wraps or rye cruskits with my lunch, quinoa instead of rice etc. would also love some more ideas though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm paleo and no sugar. I had my first piece of fruit yesterday in a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    I definitely try to. Can't remember the last time I had white rice, white bread or pasta. I love Mountain bread wraps or rye cruskits with my lunch, quinoa instead of rice etc. would also love some more ideas though
    I started that way too, cut out all the bread, pasta, rice, which worked really well. Has it been working well for you Addison?

Then I took it a step further and cut out all types of breads or grains and I lost more weight. The real key for me was to cut down on dairy. I had no idea how much sugar/carbs were in dairy products, especially milk! I now only have a dash of milk in my tea and coffee and stopped eating yoghurt.

This is a typical day for me

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 rashes bacon

Lunch: salad with egg, cheese and smoked salmon or chicken ( sometimes I have bacon and eggs for lunch or an omelette)

Afternoon snack: atkins chocolate bar

Dinner: meat and veggies or salad (steak,fish, chilli con carne, rissoles, pork belly, roast chicken)

Snack: sugar free dark chocolate bar

I also snack on boiled eggs, cheese and cold meat such as ham.

Any other low carbers out there?

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am low carb, high fat. No sugar (lactose only), no wheat no highly processed foods. Today I ate scrambled eggs made with cheese, cream, bacon, mushroom and spinach and for dinner a mince bolognaise sauce on cabbage with lots of cheese on top. The low-fat diet is the biggest dietary con! It is grains and sugar that are making us fat and sick. The only carbs I eat are in green veges, pumpkin (once a week) and berries. I am loving strawberry season at the moment and I eat them with full fat greek yoghurt. Google LCHF diet. There is a lot of info out there. People think you cannot live without carbs. You can. People do. I do. I have energy, no bloating and I exercise. We have been wrongly led to believe incorrect information and diet and I truly believe in the next 10 years the medical profession and the government will change their dietary guidelines. The best book to read is "Good calories, bad calories" by Gary Taubes. It has changed my life. I have lost only 3 kilos eating this way since January but I wasn't overweight to start with (7cm off my waist) HTH.
    Last edited by threechooks; 17-09-2013 at 20:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A day for me is as follows:

B: Greek yogurt and strawberries
    S: avocado on two rye cruskits
    L: salad with tuna
    s: lo carb chocolate bar
    D: meat and veg or meat and salad

It varies a bit though I do try to limit any dairy other than Greek yoghurt. Sometimes cottage cheese on a mountain bread wrap or a glass of almondmilk.

I want to have more days as above! I too think I can live with no carbs. I exercise daily. I will google LCHF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    I am low carb, high fat. No sugar (lactose only), no wheat no highly processed foods. Today I ate scrambled eggs made with cheese, cream, bacon, mushroom and spinach and for dinner a mince bolognaise sauce on cabbage with lots of cheese on top. The low-fat diet is the biggest dietary con! It is grains and sugar that are making us fat and sick. The only carbs I eat are in green veges, pumpkin (once a week) and berries. I am loving strawberry season at the moment and I eat them with full fat greek yoghurt. Google LCHF diet. There is a lot of info out there. People think you cannot live without carbs. You can. People do. I do. I have energy, no bloating and I exercise. We have been wrongly led to believe incorrect information and diet and I truly believe in the next 10 years the medical profession and the government will change their dietary guidelines. The best book to read is "Good calories, bad calories" by Gary Taubes. It has changed my life. I have lost only 3 kilos eating this way since January but I wasn't overweight to start with (7cm off my waist) HTH.
    I agree with the low fat con comment. I am enjoying adding butter, olive oil and cheese to my meals and still losing weight. So much flavour!

I recently went on holiday and ate carbs from the breakfast buffet. It made me feel overstuffed and bloated. I feel so much better eating lots of eggs and meat instead of carbs.

Thanks for the book recommendation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    I agree. The food pyramid is not right.

I have been following jimmy Moore on livin la vida Lo carb pod casts and his blog and mark sisson. I sleep better, I don't have brain fog and I've lost weight and cm and still have energy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    A day for me is as follows:

B: Greek yogurt and strawberries
    S: avocado on two rye cruskits
    L: salad with tuna
    s: lo carb chocolate bar
    D: meat and veg or meat and salad

It varies a bit though I do try to limit any dairy other than Greek yoghurt. Sometimes cottage cheese on a mountain bread wrap or a glass of almondmilk.

I want to have more days as above! I too think I can live with no carbs. I exercise daily. I will google LCHF
    Which low carb choc bar do you prefer? I love atkins milk chocolate bar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.