Closed Thread
Page 80 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I like this one.
    Attachment 51537
    I too like that sign. We do need to bring the science back into science. There seems to be way too much politics in science at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    What new data are you referring that shows an acceleration of warming?
    That seems quite remarkable to me, considering it has now been over 17 years with no statistically significant warming.
    I'm sure you will be able to find me some sources to back up such a claim.
    There is new research being published pretty much every week. From today you might consider this report.

Since you are apparently so interested in good science on this topic, I presume you subscibe to leading journals such as Nature Climate Change, which incidentally also has a very interesting feature on the some of apparent contradictions in the data on global surface temperatures.

On the other hand, you may just be getting your information from popular articles by like-minded individuals, in which case there is not much I can say except that you really should get to grips with the actual science.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-03-2014),BigRedV  (17-03-2014),Busy-Bee  (17-03-2014)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Sydney effort

sydney.jpg

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-03-2014),BigRedV  (17-03-2014),KaraB  (18-03-2014)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I guess I'm not as amazed about the march as others here as we see millions protest peacefully everytime there's an election

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I guess I'm not as amazed about the march as others here as we see millions protest peacefully everytime there's an election

Not amazed Peg, just proud to be part of it and using this thread as a means to demonstrate that it wasn't just a few radicals with nothing better to do.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (22-03-2014),Atropos  (17-03-2014),BigRedV  (17-03-2014),HarvestMoon  (18-03-2014),KaraB  (18-03-2014),Mod-pegasus  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    There is new research being published pretty much every week. From today you might consider this report.
    Nowhere in that article does it suggest that global warming is accelerating. It does talk about some changes in Greenland.
    If I were to say that the increase in ice in Antarctica (which is true) showed that global cooling was accelerating - I would be misrepresenting the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Since you are apparently so interested in good science on this topic, I presume you subscibe to leading journals such as Nature Climate Change, which incidentally also has a very interesting feature on the some of apparent contradictions in the data on global surface temperatures.
    That article received quite widespread publicity. So trade winds have caused cooling. Does that mean that trade winds can also cause warming? What is driving the trade winds? The answer is they do not know.

England also says the following in that paper:
    - the world might only warm by 2.1 degrees C this century (which is well below the original predictions)
    - there has been a pause in warming that 95% of models did not predict.

But I guess you won't believe England on those statements because they are in line with what skeptics have been saying. ie. the models are wrong and they exaggerate the warming.

Do you trust England with those comments?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Nowhere in that article does it suggest that global warming is accelerating. It does talk about some changes in Greenland.
    If I were to say that the increase in ice in Antarctica (which is true) showed that global cooling was accelerating - I would be misrepresenting the facts.

That article received quite widespread publicity. So trade winds have caused cooling. Does that mean that trade winds can also cause warming? What is driving the trade winds? The answer is they do not know.

England also says the following in that paper:
    - the world might only warm by 2.1 degrees C this century (which is well below the original predictions)
    - there has been a pause in warming that 95% of models did not predict.

But I guess you won't believe England on those statements because they are in line with what skeptics have been saying. ie. the models are wrong and they exaggerate the warming.

Do you trust England with those comments?
    Might be an idea to start a spin off Father as this thread is about the current PM and govt which no longer has a climate comission

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Might be an idea to start a spin off Father as this thread is about the current PM and govt which no longer has a climate comission
    Agreed. I have replied here.
    Last edited by JohnC; 18-03-2014 at 01:47. Reason: added reply link

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    http://www.alp.org.au/support_better_schools

For all those upset over the government back flipping on their election promise regarding education, click the link to sign a petition asking that they keep their word.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Does anyone know any more about some legislation that I believe got passed in December that no longer required Financial Advisors to work in the best interest of their client?

I could be completely wrong and it's nothing at all.