Closed Thread
Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    That is fine if rallys aren't your thing, don't go. I can't help but wonder though if people would be picking apart the content of some placards if said placards were in support of their agenda?
    I have denounced the "ditch the witch" placards held up previously, but was just commenting on the ones which I viewed today due to the links regarding the march.

My comments were that some of them I didn't understand what they were supposed to be achieving (Atropos did comment well on some of them). Moreso (disregarding the derogatory ones), I genuinely question whether people truly think that Labor's NBN (which was mostly rolled out prior to this government coming in) would really give fast internet to those that "need it most", or if gay marriage is really more likely under a labor or lib government. Both parties have said that they won't support it and it's unlikely to come in unless a conscience vote is undertaken. (Personally I think the conscience vote will happen and we'll see where that goes and it's probably irrespective of which government is in power, I think it's more of a time thing rather than which government thing.)

Anyway - pop up any pics of other placards and I'd be happy to comment on them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    That's rich!!!

I don't believe that I ever said that I am the judge and jury, but I suspect that you think that you are. I find your post offensive. I find it offensive that you seem to believe yourself and government, whose agenda you so doggedly push, to be so righteous even while continuing to deny the issues that are of importance to many. Maybe those many groups do not make up the majority, their interests still matter and should be considered in determining the direction of the government.

While we are talking about majority, what do the majority of climate scientists have to say about climate change? You seem to play the majority card as and when it suits you.
    I would suspect there would've been a few at the march who did vote for the government. They've done some things that people would be annoyed at...including but not exclusive to:

Great Barrier Reef dredging and dumping

Tasmania world heritage listed forests

Education

SPC

Cadbury

Here is a comprehensive list...

http://theaimn.com/2014/01/28/tracki...oken-promises/
    Last edited by BigRedV; 17-03-2014 at 04:49.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    While we are talking about majority, what do the majority of climate scientists have to say about climate change? You seem to play the majority card as and when it suits you.
    Science is not a democracy. You don't vote for scientific outcomes. I scientist with facts can prove thousands wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    SPC

Cadbury
    What? Not give them money prior to their multi-million dollar deal with Woolworths? Was that a stuff up?

And what did he do with Cadbury?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    From the same website that couldn't count asylum seeker deaths.

At least they are including this line in the opening paragraph:

I cannot vouch for the veracity of the entire list (although I have no reason to doubt it)

Don't worry about what is true, as long as you don't doubt it you can say what you like.

That theaimn website seems to be very poor at even trying to be factual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know a couple of lib voters that went yesterday because of the govts backflip on education and scrapping the science portfolio. I doubt very much that everyone that voted liberal is happy with the outcome!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I genuinely question whether people truly think that Labor's NBN (which was mostly rolled out prior to this government coming in) would really give fast internet to those that "need it most"
    In regards to this, most definitely. I live in an area where there is a severe lack of adsl ports. I have been trying to get an internet connection for 2 years to no avail. An NBN tower was due to be constructed in my area at the end of this year, which now according to Telstra is looking very unlikely.
    With 2 kids at school and as a uni student myself the internet is essential. It's complete and utterly ridiculous that the internet is so unattainable in some areas in this day and age.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-03-2014),BigRedV  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taking money off orphans because the govt can't afford it? Please. When will some real austerity be shown by the govt if they are so broke.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (17-03-2014)