Closed Thread
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I answered the questions way back. I said, of course we need a cap - but that we can do better, we can take more at this point in time. And we should.
    And when we reach the cap? Then what? Should we wait until that happens before making a snap decision? Or should you have a plan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Bloody hell. Religion and asylum seekers. Why couldn't you save this debate until I am able to have a glass of wine? (bub is still young and feeding whenever he wants).

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (09-03-2014),Atropos  (08-03-2014),beebs  (09-03-2014),Busy-Bee  (08-03-2014),harvs  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Father can I ask a personal question?
    Are you of aboriginal decent?
    If not get off your bloody high horse and be thankful your ancestors were allowed in this country.

Seems like you don't like anyone's answers very sad really and it appears to me you are fishing for an argument.

I have another idea lets build a rocket ship and send people to the moon. It can be voluntary, those that think we're full can get first dips on tickets. Plenty of space, great views.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-03-2014),beebs  (09-03-2014)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    A video for a little perspective.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    A video for a little perspective.
    Haven't seen that one, have goose bumps

9. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Since we have acknowledged that there is a limit as to how many refugees we can accept, what can we do to those that arrive who are above the limit?
    We have answered that question. I'll re-answer on behalf of the others that have also answered said questions. How can you possible answer the question without having access to all the information needed, from all government agencies involved, including information regarding water, food production, centrelink etc. Stop asking unanswerable questions to try and prove your bizarre point.

Yes - there needs to be a cap, 13,500 isn't it as evident by most other countries in the Western world who are worse off than us but taking more than us. NO, I can't put a figure on it, I'm not the PM and don't have access to all the things you'd need to make a decision on it. :roll eyes: Please don't think for one moment that the Libs are interested in any asylum seekers, they aren't and it is quiet clear that neither are you.

And so what if he was an Architect what is your point? Or can't architects be persecuted? Oh right, that's good to know, maybe we should send word around the world- become an architect and you won't be persecuted. Awesome, Father just single handedly may have saved millions of people.
    Last edited by beebs; 09-03-2014 at 07:58.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

waitsee  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Don't bother bringing up climate change with Father, I'm sure this will surprise you but he is a "person made climate change denier". I am sure you are just as shocked as the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    In an ideal world we would assist in making their home countries safe, with adequate food, shelter, water and getting rid of corruption and bad guys. We're spending resources anyway, it solves the issue people have with "we're full".
    So that's my answer to the question if we capped it what would we do next.
    Only issue is If home countries became inhabitable due to climate issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have answered that question. I'll re-answer on behalf of the others that have also answered said questions. How can you possible answer the question without having access to all the information needed, from all government agencies involved, including information regarding water, food production, centrelink etc. Stop asking unanswerable questions to try and prove your bizarre point.
    What does water, food production, and centrelink have to do with what to do with those that cannot be settled in Australia? You are avoiding answering the question because it is inconvenient to, not because you don't have all the information. I'll ask again, what would you do with those that cannot be settled in Australia?

And so what if he was an Architect what is your point? Or can't architects be persecuted? Oh right, that's good to know, maybe we should send word around the world- become an architect and you won't be persecuted. Awesome, Father just single handedly may have saved millions of people.
    Please don't put words in my mouth.

“We want justice and we want human rights organisations to follow this killing,” the 46-year-old teacher said in a phone interview that was facilitated by a translator. “All he wanted was to have a better life – he was an intelligent young man with productive years ahead of him and he would have been good for the Australian economy.”

Mr Far's comments in this regard will be read in some quarters as justification for the bipartisan political support for toughening of Australia's asylum policies in recent years.
    Explaining that as many as 20 local men had taken the people-smuggler route to Australia in recent years, the teacher said: “People here are really worried for the men they know who are still on Manus Island – and nobody wants to leave for Australia now.”
    Asked if they were political refugees or, as Canberra insists, economic refugees, Mr Far opted for a third adjective, offering this explanation of family needs and youthful aspirations in rural Iran: “Reza was not a political refugee – he was a social refugee.”

Explaining that Reza was the eldest of his siblings, Mr Far said that the young mad who had trained as an architect had particular responsibilities to his family. “He had a duty to look after them and this was why he went to Australia – to get a job to help them financially,” he said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Father, I've seen you've demanded others to answer your question yet you have over looked answering mine.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You asked what the cap would be, you've asked it like a thousand times - that questions is unanswerable to anyone but those that have information for all the things I've listed, i.e. the sustainability of the country and inhabitants including anyone we take on as refugees. Really not that hard Father..I am surprised that that you don't understand that. That is the question I was answering.

I will answer for you. You make yourself clear over and over, it isn't like it is a big secret or something.

Re the Reza case, yep - and that is one man. You clearly have NO idea what goes on in Iran. They are accused of breaching human rights on every level, and they still publicly put gay people to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    What does water, food production, and centrelink have to do with what to do with those that cannot be settled in Australia? You are avoiding answering the question because it is inconvenient to, not because you don't have all the information. I'll ask again, what would you do with those that cannot be settled in Australia?

Please don't put words in my mouth.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (09-03-2014)