Closed Thread
Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    As a Christian, do you not want to help those less fortunate? I agree the boats are dangerous- what if we were to offer flights to asylum seekers to bring them here safely? Or safe ships? Would that be acceptable to you?
    You nailed it. I do not know how many times I have said exactly that, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. I want to help those less fortunate. Those with not a cent to their name who are stuck in a camp quietly waiting in hope that a country, any country, will find a place for them. Send them this way!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I find the posts of today regarding Christians to be quite interesting. Correct me if I am wrong, but none have actually been Christians, yet all seem to look up to and respect Christian teachings. It is great to hear people talking about Christianity with such respect and admiration. There should be more of that I think. Keep it up.
    If people behaved more like the Christians they claim to be, then maybe it would be a dying religion here in Australia. Wouldn't that be a shame

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    So how do you decide who gets to speak for God?? Genuinely interested to hear your answer. Every Christian I know speaks of Jesus' love and compassion for all humans- apparently he wasn't terribly concerned with birder protection. As a Christian, do you not want to help those less fortunate? I agree the boats are dangerous- what if we were to offer flights to asylum seekers to bring them here safely? Or safe ships? Would that be acceptable to you?
    Except if you're aboriginal, low income, single parent etc. then no, this govt don't want to help you.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1394245829.645147.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The Gosford Anglican Parish minister responsible for the signs:

Interesting T-shirt. He is not political at all is he?
    Wait so it's ok for politicians to bang on about their religion, but a church minister cannot be political?!
    I think he is acting within the tenets of his faith- kindness, compassion and all that.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-03-2014),BigRedV  (08-03-2014),VicPark  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    extreme right wing in every respect... and couldn't be further from the teachings of Jesus.
    So Jesus taught people to be Left wing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wait so it's ok for politicians to bang on about their religion, but a church minister cannot be political?!
    I think he is acting within the tenets of his faith- kindness, compassion and all that.
    The Church is a place of worship, not one of political activism.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And the Lord's Prayer shouldn't be included in parliament!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-03-2014),beebs  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    No. Not sure why you are putting words in my mouth. Why do you keep coming back to this question? I acknowledge I don't have all the answers, do you? But I do think we have the capacity to accept more, and to show compassion to all persecuted people, whether they have money or not.
    No, you don't have ANY answers. You cannot repeatedly complain about how bad a policy is but yet have idea yourself.
    The reason why I keep coming back with this question if vitally important. It highlights the illogical and irrational view of those who despise the current government's policy. I'll let you off a number, but can you accept that there needs to be a cap of refugees per year? Or do you honestly think that we can take all who ask? Can you please answer me that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    And the Lord's Prayer shouldn't be included in parliament!
    I thought you liked Christian values and teachings? What is in the prayer that you don't like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought you liked Christian values and teachings? What is in the prayer that you don't like?
    We are a secular country! No prayer, bible, Quran etc. has any place in our parliament.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-03-2014),beebs  (08-03-2014)