Closed Thread
Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    So you believe in religion, but not a Christian. May I ask which religion you do believe in then?
    I don't identify with any religion, but I'm not atheist.

Are you a Christian?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don't identify with any religion, but I'm not atheist.

Are you a Christian?
    Yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh, and if they were trying to help the poor etc that you mentioned, then they wouldn't be reducing the intake of refugees, eh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.
    I thought so

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and if they were trying to help the poor etc that you mentioned, then they wouldn't be reducing the intake of refugees, eh?
    Back to the historic levels that they have been for the last decade you mean? Australia cannot help the entire planet. We are doing a great deal to help those that need help, but over recent years, those people have unfortunately been neglected due to people helping themselves. We have gone through this many times.
    You on the other hand, with your higher levels of compassion, would rather have those poor people stuck in camps around the world with no hope whilst those with money drown at sea. Great plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought so
    Why do you have a cheeky grin? Is there something wrong with being Christian?
    And what was it that made you think I was Christian? My views on 'asylum seekers'????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your views on a lot of things
    Predictable.

And we are able to and should increase our numbers up to around 20k (which is what he promised in opposition) not back to 13k.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your views on a lot of things
    Predictable.

And we are able to and should increase our numbers up to around 20k, not back to 13k.
    Great to hear you finally put a number on it. So you agree that there needs to be a cap.

Would you care to give an example of a Christian view of mine that led you to think that I was Christian? If there are 'lots of things', then it shouldn't be too hard for you to pick one or two.

I am legitimately interested in how you came to that conclusion, and I would appreciate you answer it more specifically than 'lots of things'. And why the cheeky face? Is there something wrong with being Christian?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did you not use the Uniting Church's stance on the subject as 'evidence' to support your view?
    No, I didn't actually. That's a big leap, even for you. The point was that Morrison and others claim to be Christians while executing rather UNChristian policy, as evidenced by the fact that Christian churches (whose opinions I hold in higher regard than yours when it comes to all things Christian, no offence F) are condemning them.
    Btw, what's with all the bolded capital gs? Is that a glitch?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    No, I didn't actually. That's a big leap, even for you. The point was that Morrison and others claim to be Christians while executing rather UNChristian policy, as evidenced by the fact that Christian churches (whose opinions I hold in higher regard than yours when it comes to all things Christian, no offence F) are condemning them.
    Btw, what's with all the bolded capital gs? Is that a glitch?
    I understand. But that is your opinion on what you deem to be 'Christian', just as it is the same as the Uniting Church. However, the Uniting Church does not speak for God, nor is an authority on what is Christian. I do understand though, that you would take their view on higher authority than mine. That is fair enough.
    God is spelt with a capital. I was correcting BigRedV's incorrect spelling. I thought that was obvious.

BigRedV. I would appreciate an answer to my previous questions rather than have you change the topic to spelling.
    Last edited by Father; 08-03-2014 at 11:33.