Closed Thread
Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    So you complain when it's Fairfax advisertise these shirts but defend News Ltd (which has a significantly higher portion of readership) who blatantly and obviously used their power to ensure an LNP victory?
    Murdoch isn't pro LP m'kay? It's all in your head It's a 'blinkers' approach when it's Murdoch spewing forth front page after front page of offensive and pathetically skewed stories on politics, but if Fairfax dares show a leaning... omg they shouldn't be getting involved.... that's the media influencing the public!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    So you complain when it's Fairfax advisertise these shirts but defend News Ltd (which has a significantly higher portion of readership) who blatantly and obviously used their power to ensure an LNP victory?
    Yes they brainwashed us all. Those evil evil journalists. Australian people cannot think for themselves. They are all stupid. (sarcastic).

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    So I'm guessing that 5 min google search was all there was, that the two of you could only provide the same links.
    Could it be that we both used the same search criteria? There was actually quite a lot of links - I'm not going to do your homework for you though.

Would you care to dedicate 5 minutes searching google and replace 'gillard' with 'Abbott' and see what you come up with?
    No. I have better things to do with my time that compare and contrast the public treatment of Abbott and Gillard. Perhaps you could put together something for us with all necessary links and references?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Also, @Father you never answered me about Andrew Bolt. Did he ever blog his horror at the obvious mistreatment of Julia Gillard?
    Yes.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a.../die_of_shame/

You might find this article very interesting.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a...atives_pin_up/

It's amazing how things change when one is displaying a great deal of incompetence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Well I've never heard of clementine ford until now. I hardly think she's the same league as Alan jones.

I don't condone the shirts but let's not get carried away that she has as much sway or as many followers as Alan jones.
    OT but I love Clem Ford. She writes for Daily Life if you're interested

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Yes they brainwashed us all. Those evil evil journalists. Australian people cannot think for themselves. They are all stupid. (sarcastic).
    It's a tad more complex than that. Can I suggest you put understanding media bias and its influence and impact on your list of subjects to study?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a.../die_of_shame/

You might find this article very interesting.

It's amazing how things change when one is displaying a great deal of incompetence.
    This was written when she was still deputy to K Rudd.
    It's interesting that he says he likes her but still uses a gender based insult towards her and manages to sound like he's not sure of her at all.

Can you link to the one where he expresses his horror at the sexism etc she was subjected to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This article was written in March 2010.

In it, Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt are both in admiration of Gillard and both wanted her as PM.

Were they misogynists then?
    Or did they grow into it during the three years that followed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Can you link to the one where he expresses his horror at the sexism etc she was subjected to?
    Maybe you can provide me the worst of the worst sexist comment that she received. I will then find what Bolt thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This article was written in March 2010.

In it, Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt are both in admiration of Gillard and both wanted her as PM.

Were they misogynists then?
    Or did they grow into it during the three years that followed?
    I'm sorry if I'm being unclear, I asked if Bolt ever expressed his horror at the treatment gillard received- the sexism etc- as the prime minister. You said yes but linked to a blog from when she was deputy to Rudd and now this one- which appears to be exactly the same?. Did he or did he not express outrage at the threats, sexism and vitriol directed at PM Gillard as he has since done in defence of Tony Abbott?
    Last edited by Atropos; 27-02-2014 at 20:39.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-03-2014)