Closed Thread
Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    The difference is those are idiot nobodies on a Facebook page, or some b grade band, not Alan Jones who has a lot of sway in the community.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsaVpepMyA8
    They were nobody's on Atropos's link but yet she was upset by them. http://jezebel.com/5949925/australia...net-qa-session

Clementine Ford is a Fairfax columnist. She thinks it's ok too.

Or does she not have 'sway' because she is from fairfax and their shares are going downhill quickly?

Does Daily Life not have any 'sway' when they advertised the sale of the 'f**k Tony Abbott' t-shirts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think it's ironic you constantly minimised the treatment of Gillard yet are up in arms about people bagging Tony.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-02-2014),BigRedV  (27-02-2014),snowqu33n  (27-02-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    F, for every random person spewing gender based/inciting hate vile regarding Abbott on the internet there would be 10x + that Gillard faced some of which was from her peers. No I can't prove it, but I happen to read and have an understanding of gender inequalities in western society.
    I guess it felt like that was the case to you as you are sensitive to such topics. I would suggest that your statistical analysis is not very realistic though. I have quite quickly some up with some examples of Abbott hatred, including numerous death threats. Can you find 2 death threats against Gillard? I'm not asking for 10, just 2.
    Or do you honestly think that calling someone a witch is worse than wanting a person beheaded???

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Once again, saying "F*** Abbott" is not comparable to "ditch the witch" in discussions of acceptable and unacceptable political retort.

With respect, as I said before in a previous post, you clearly don't have a basic understanding of feminism, I would strongly recommend reading up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think it's ironic you constantly minimised the treatment of Gillard yet are up in arms about people bagging Tony.
    I minimised the treatment of Gillard because I did not find it as bad as the hatred against those on the conservative side of politics. But, at least I said when things were inappropriate.
    People never talked about Gillard like they have Abbott (already, I might add). I never saw anyone put on a stage show decapitating her. Or facebook pages devoted to her assassination. Or t-shirts being sold via the main****** media with foul language on it (which I would not even want my kids to see).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Well I've never heard of clementine ford until now. I hardly think she's the same league as Alan jones.

I don't condone the shirts but let's not get carried away that she has as much sway or as many followers as Alan jones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once again, saying "F*** Abbott" is not comparable to "ditch the witch" in discussions of acceptable and unacceptable political retort.
    Excuse me I hope that you are not serious. I would never say the first comment around my kids. But you could read a kids book that would have the second comment in it.

With respect, as I said before in a previous post, you clearly don't have a basic understanding of feminism, I would strongly recommend reading up.
    I really don't think I need to read anything about feminism. The hypocrisy displayed here is enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Well I've never heard of clementine ford until now. I hardly think she's the same league as Alan jones.

I don't condone the shirts but let's not get carried away that she has as much sway or as many followers as Alan jones.
    She might not as an individual. But Fairfax was advertising her shirts for free. And yes, Fairfax has sway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    They were not appropriate. But..... Abbott, in the short time he has been PM has already received much much worse. Including a dedicated facebook page about how he should be assassinated. A main****** newspaper, The Age, endorsing the sale of t-shirts that say "F**k Tony Abbott". A band decapitating 'him' on stage. Banners during protests with his head a noose.

Comments such as these on a foxtel facebook page.

It is one thing to be sexist and call names. It is completely different spewing such hatred and wanting an elected PM assassinated or beheaded.
    Aren't those the things from the most recent Bolt blog you linked to?

There are still many anti Gillard fb pages.

I said I didn't like what Gwar did, but I think you need to put it in context. Gwar are a satirical/gore metal band. They regularly do this kind of thing. I was listening to jjj yesterday and they were speaking to the lead singer (they are American btw) and he was laughingly recounting a show where they "cut the queen's t*** off" and "stomped the royal baby"- it's not a political move against Abbott, it's a band who does this stuff for attention and (crude) humour.

Let's not forget, Abbott was opposition leader when this was taken
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Pyi2tqoU4l...ard-poster.jpg

Either way it's not a p1ssing contest. People wearing eff Abbott tee shirts doesn't mean the treatment of Julia Gillard based on her gender was any less real or any less appalling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (27-02-2014)