Closed Thread
Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Why shouldn't they? They have infinitely more than the average person and should pay more than 3 % for Medicare.
    Infinitely??? Really??? So what percentage of a 'rich' person's income should be given to the government? Please give me a number of what you think is fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    No I read it, it is just that your message doesn't make sense. For example, you said that "they should and they do". But they don't father, they pay less income tax than the rest of us due to loopholes regarding investments.
    Would you care to provide some evidence that 'they' pay less income tax than 'the rest of us'. I would like to see your numbers and how you came to that conclusion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Would you care to provide some evidence that 'they' pay less income tax than 'the rest of us'. I would like to see your numbers and how you came to that conclusion.
    Are you honestly trying to tell me that the mega rich in Australia don't use tax loopholes to their advantage?

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...506-2j3ng.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (23-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No. They should and they do. But, they should not be taxed any more than they currently are though. Understand?

Understand. Don't agree, though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    From the ABC - The top 1 per cent however (those with an average taxable income of around $548,000) earned 9.2 per cent of total income but paid 17 per cent of the tax. This isn't surprising when you consider that the top 1 per cent earn as much as does the entire bottom 24 per cent.

Obviously completely biased...unlike the Australian

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (23-02-2014),HappyBovinexx  (23-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I resolve to ignore you from here on out..you contribute nothing to these forums, if i could block your posts I would - not worth the energy!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (23-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Are you honestly trying to tell me that the mega rich in Australia don't use tax loopholes to their advantage?

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...506-2j3ng.html
    From your article.

The figures show 99.3 per cent of Australia's millionaires did pay tax in 2010-11 and 98.9 per cent paid a lot: $8.74 billion among them. That 0.1 per cent of taxpayers paid almost 10 per cent of all income tax.

There are always bad apples. You cannot generalise like you did in your previous post.

they pay less income tax than the rest of us due to loopholes regarding investments
    That is not an accurate statement. It is similar to me saying that those on a disability pension don't have a disability. Most do, but some don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I resolve to ignore you from here on out..you contribute nothing to these forums, if i could block your posts I would - not worth the energy!
    You can block my posts. Feel free to, if you would rather remained closed minded and not here alternate views to the Bubhub norm. It says alot about you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see that you would rather run, than to answer my question on what percentage you think is fair. It is a pretty simple question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am not saying they don't pay a lot of tax, they do - because they earn a lot. But the average Australian earning an average wage pays 32.5% to 37% tax and the mega rich pay 17%. Hardly seems fair.

It isn't about the amount - it is about he percentage. And I for one, am sick to death of people like Gina Reinhardt - who didn't even "make" her own money - but inherited it and the company - getting a sweet deal at tax time.

From your article.

There are always bad apples. You cannot generalise like you did in your previous post.

That is not an accurate statement. It is similar to me saying that those on a disability pension don't have a disability. Most do, but some don't.