Closed Thread
Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Asylum seeker killed in png. Many injured. Perhaps the government should abandon manus island.
    Or perhaps asylum seekers shouldn't riot and destroy the facilities, especially breaking out and being hostile toward PNG police and authorities. From the footage that was shown on the ABC, it hardly looks like the 'asylum seekers' were passive victims.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Then there is the massive privacy breach of 10000 asylum seekers details along with their addresses and whereabouts, found online.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Then there is the massive privacy breach of 10000 asylum seekers details along with their addresses and whereabouts, found online.
    Abbott must have personally put them up. It couldn't have been a public servant accidentally doing it.

Probably more reason for them to remain in the safety of the detention centre rather than escaping into PNG.

ETA: A solution to that problem could be to not publish anything at all on the internet, just in case there is some data hiding beneath what was intended to be published. That would stop an accident like that happening. Tell the media and the public less! Good call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Abbott must have personally put them up. It couldn't have been a public servant accidentally doing it.

Probably more reason for them to remain in the safety of the detention centre rather than escaping into PNG.

ETA: A solution to that problem could be to not publish anything at all on the internet, just in case there is some data hiding beneath what was intended to be published. That would stop an accident like that happening. Tell the media and the public less! Good call.
    Firstly, no one said that Abbott himself published the information, but someone from within his govt certainly did.

Secondly- "the safety of the detention centre" have you been there? Have you heard the other accounts of what happened? The pleas for help to the guardian from asylum seekers there, claiming they were under attack?
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ences-breached
    Footage can easily be manipulated. I'm surprised that you are believing everything you read about this situation Father, considering how sceptical you are of other widely accepted information. I believe there is a lot more going on that main****** (Murdoch) media tells us. I guess that's what $882 mil buys you (not that Abbot knew about that- http://www.afr.com/p/business/market...ZEYQoUrQvN36pK )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Secondly- "the safety of the detention centre" have you been there? Have you heard the other accounts of what happened? The pleas for help to the guardian from asylum seekers there, claiming they were under attack?
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ences-breached
    Footage can easily be manipulated. I'm surprised that you are believing everything you read about this situation Father, considering how sceptical you are of other widely accepted information.
    To answer your first question. No. But I have been to others. I don't see how it is relevant. After this altercation, I think it is entirely valid so say that it is safer inside the centre than outside.

I am not believing everything I read. I find the Ian Rintoul theory of the fences being broken by locals on the outside trying to get in ridiculous. Far from 'believing everything I read'. It is easier to manipulate a story than video footage - not sure what video manipulation you are thinking happened??? Like a hoax video to look like asylum seekers in a camp??? Just like the moon landing???

I am much more likely to believe the story of the G4S staff, the Australian government, the PNG government and the PNG police force than I am to believe asylum seeker stories based upon third person phone calls to advocates in Australia. Hardly evidence. Just like the navy torture stories.

To turn the skeptical point on you, why are you questioning the authorities on this and would rather believe those with a vested interest and an unbelievable story?

Do you think that the Nauru riots were also caused by locals breaking in and burning the place to the ground too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Now we can add penalty rates and Medicare to the growing list..joy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Now we can add penalty rates and Medicare to the growing list..joy
    What promise did he break there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't say he broke a promise...doesn't mean people should sit idly by and let it happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    I didn't say he broke a promise...doesn't mean people should sit idly by and let it happen!
    The original post:

So since so many people liked to call Julia Gillard a liar, let's keep Tony accountable to all his promises. And please feel free to post any broken election promises...
    I guess your comment in this thread makes it look like you think he broke a promise. But thanks for clarifying that he didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *rolls eyes*

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (20-02-2014),Ellewood  (20-02-2014),snowqu33n  (20-02-2014)