+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Second thoughts

So for a few months now I have decided I want to call my bubba boy Nathaniel Alexei with Koen Alexei as my back up if James doesn't like it. Now I am not in love with Nathaniel but it just seems to fit with all my rules the best.

Now I am not so sure. I am not sure if I like Nate. I don't know if I am having last minutes worry as its only 3 weeks away now. My problem is Koen(have alot of Cohen families in our town many I went to school with), Evander, Mattieu (not sure if people will know how to pronounce it) just don't seem right either. I still like Oleksiy lots but even though spelling and pronouncing my name all my life didn't worry me (I love my name) I think it might be a bit to much for a boy and no one else seems to like it so it has been scrapped but is still in my head.

So any other last minute suggestions on names or thoughts??

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are your rules? I like Nathaniel, I also think Nate is a lovely name as well. Not a big fan of Koen. Is your middle name (Alexi) a family name?

Nathan or Ethan could be other options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe stress a little less and wait until you meet him and he can sway you to the right choice?
    I do like the name Mattieu though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a fan of Nathaniel. It is my DF's name, and he hates it. We call him Nathan, which I like.
    I like Koen and Evander. Oakley sounds like a cool name, it is similar to to other name you had listed. I can't remember your name rules, so can't really think of any other names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like Koen. It's on my list too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like Nathaniel with the nn Nate, however both names are lovely!

I had huge second thoughts about DSs name leading up to the birth, try to relax, your little boy will help you decide when he gets here!

Best of luck for the birth. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    i like nate over koen as koen to me is pronounced koo-en ( dutchie here) not cohen, if you want Cohen id be using the Cohen or Kohen,
    here is a link on how you should pronouce Koen
    http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to...tive-demo.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't worry so much about whether people will know how to pronounce his name or whether he'll have to constantly spell his name out. I have a simple name and I still have to spell out my name. A lot of us have to spell out our surnames anyway. It's really not that big of a deal.
    Don't worry about your rules. Go with a name you really like. A name that really pulls at your heart strings. Don't go with a name that goes with your rules but you'll regret.