+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Rent assistance from centrelink

Ive recently found out that we are entitled to rent assistance from centrelink. DH has been in the RAAF for over 13 years with a 2 year break.

Im pretty annoyed that I didnt know we were entitled to this payment. So please check to see if you are entitled.

I think if you receive FTB A and live in SR then you are entitled to help. It also increases the amount of FTB that we are entitled to.

Hope this helps other people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amira I am just trying to apply for ours at the moment, I think you can claim 2 years previously? Annoyingly I asked centrelink about it 4 years ago (as friends were receiving it) and we told we weren't entitled! Anyways thems the breaks...I've got our original rental agreement but of course rent has gone up twice since, do you know what paperwork centrelink will accept for this. The last woman I spoke to at Centrelink seemed to think we all got an individual letter when rent increased? We certainly haven't..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Make sure u get your claim for rent assistance in before end of financial year because after June 30 as in literally the 1st day of the new financial year you will only be entitled to 1 year of arrears. If you get your claim in before end of this financial year you cab get 2 years worth. But yeah you will need proof of your leases for it. And fill in 2 separate rent certificates. I got paid a whole years worth of arrears last year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally got it sorted! For any ladies still wondering...I just emailed DHA and they had me scan through the rent certificate and they filled in all the relevant details for me to cover the rental increases that have taken place since we moved it