+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post

Plus it doesn't bring those babies back, all anybody can do is keep your eyes out for somebody in trouble and don't ignore it. Those babies were so let down.
    So true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Please don't interpret my post as putting down those with mental illnesses or experiencing difficulties. It's not what I was getting at. I don't doubt the mother had an extremely hard time. I just misinterpreted the OP and felt that both had roles they played that led to the death of those poor babies.

I make no assumptions in how mental illnesses effect people. At all.

Sleepy mumma who has had alot on her plate read things wrong and opened her big trap. Didnt mean to offend anyone.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-09-2013),Mokeybear  (17-09-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @MonsterMoosMum I don't think anyone was offended...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (17-09-2013)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wonder where was the extended family for these poor children.??Was there no grandparents, or any family from either the mothers or the fathers side that could have surely helped. Just so sad, so very sad. And there must be someone now taking care of the surviving children?? I hope there is support available if needed. Marie

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (17-09-2013),MillieMollyMandy  (17-09-2013),Mod-Nomsie  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So awful RIP babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    Please don't interpret my post as putting down those with mental illnesses or experiencing difficulties. It's not what I was getting at. I don't doubt the mother had an extremely hard time. I just misinterpreted the OP and felt that both had roles they played that led to the death of those poor babies.

I make no assumptions in how mental illnesses effect people. At all.

Sleepy mumma who has had alot on her plate read things wrong and opened her big trap. Didnt mean to offend anyone.
    Lol no offence here

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I really hope people learn from this - the mother in this situation did cry out for help, more than once according to reports. Her husband called her lazy and dismissed and ignored everything that was happening. I've certainly taken it on board that when a mother says she isn't coping, ignoring it and hoping it will get better can have disastrous consequences

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-09-2013),cluckcluck  (17-09-2013),dancingchipmunk  (17-09-2013),MilkingMaid  (17-09-2013),MillieMollyMandy  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My opinion - I think many people are to 'blame'. My reasoning is...

Father - mother indicated she wasn't coping. She tried to reach out to him. He ignored her and his own children. Until his children died. Prob has an alcohol addiction but that doesn't make him blameless.

Extended family - it must have also been clear to them the mother wasn't coping and was seriously ill. Where were they in this?

Health/welfare officials - I am guessing the mother didn't take the children to any MCHN appointments etc. Did anyone check up on the family?

Mother - I list her last as I think she must have been very ill. However, she could have taken more steps to seek help before things got so terrible.

All up its just sad. So many people failed these children. No amount of 'punishment' on earth will make up for that.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-09-2013),cluckcluck  (17-09-2013),MilkingMaid  (17-09-2013),sakabla  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    My opinion - I think many people are to 'blame'. My reasoning is...

Father - mother indicated she wasn't coping. She tried to reach out to him. He ignored her and his own children. Until his children died. Prob has an alcohol addiction but that doesn't make him blameless.

Extended family - it must have also been clear to them the mother wasn't coping and was seriously ill. Where were they in this?

Health/welfare officials - I am guessing the mother didn't take the children to any MCHN appointments etc. Did anyone check up on the family?

Mother - I list her last as I think she must have been very ill. However, she could have taken more steps to seek help before things got so terrible.

All up its just sad. So many people failed these children. No amount of 'punishment' on earth will make up for that.
    I agree !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    I agree !
    Yep a lot of people knew and didn't take it seriously enough....
    The grandmother was told by the babies sister and she wasn't taken seriously...