+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We do a big house clean Saturday mornings where everything gets scrubbed and cleaned. We also have stuff that gets done everyday like bathroom benches, laundry, floors and the kitchen gets done after every meal. Just to save my sanity a bit though most of the everyday stuff like the bathroom and floors only get done after the kids go to bed because I remember getting yelled at as a kid if I messed something up my Mum had just cleaned and I don't want to do that to my kids. My parents were and still are complete clean freaks which I think spilled over to me as I have a bit of OCD so won't sleep until the everyday stuff is done but I won't have a list because of my high anxiety I think if the list wasn't completed I would end up convinced the house would burn down or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingInMuddyPuddles View Post
    Doesn't look like you need new ideas at all!!
    I concur. Except if you are finding it hard to get time to just enjoy things then perhaps give yourself every second day off the 'daily' stuff ".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I work full time so I get a cleaner in. Each day in between when Hubby and i get home We feed/bath/bed for bub, cook our dinner, give the floor a little vacuum (with mini hand held vacuum), wipe down kitchen, put a load of washing on and hang on clothes horse or put in dryer.

The cleaners are good but they don't do all the projecty stuff so every couple of weeks I might pick an odd job to do. (Tidy pantry, clean fridge).

Our windows have not been cleaned in 3 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    Ladies who like this idea I also have three other lists....don't be scared.
    I found the idea on a blog

I have "the big list" where I write EVERYTHING that I want to get done around the house (hubs and I just finished building our house - owner/builder so there's quite a lot of things), anything I want to organise, buy, make etc
    I put it all together so again it's not swimming around in my head, keeping me awake at night.
    I then make my "weekly goals" - I consult the big list and see if there's anything I can start, continue with it finish- its broken up into:
    -Cleaning task (usually something from my monthly cleaning)
    -Organise (something I wish to organise- like cupboards, filing etc- currently I'm cleaning out our filing cabinets)
    -home improvements
    - business (anything that needs doing for our business)
    - project (usually something I'm creating, at the moment a photo wall)
    - outside (currently, fertilize vege patch)

It's very rare that it gets all done in one week, sometimes 2 or even 3 items roll over to the next week.

Then there's "the six list"
    This idea came about because a man went to a steel company in the 1920s and gave them the idea of the "six list". He said to each employee, at the end of every day pick the six most important things you need to get done the following day in order of priority and write them down. Then Fi them, again if you don't do it all just let it roll over to the next day.
    He said to the owner, don't pay me for this advice but after 90 days pay me what you think is fair.
    When the time was up he was paid $35,000 (a lot of money back then!) and was told it was the single most productive piece of advice they had been given!
    So that's what I do, each night I pick six things I want to accomplish the next day, usually it consists of one of my weekly goals and five smaller things like - phone so and so, answer a particular email, drop dry cleaning off, book an appointment.

I've been using this method for about a month now and it's amazing what you can get done!!!
    It's great because anyone can use it.

Try it, it will change your life!
    That is an awesome idea Lexim!!!! I love your motivation!! I am a veeeeery lazy person, but am currently reading 'the happiness project' and thrashing out ideas at the moment. I know I need to be more organised, because my laziness causes me a lot of stress (ideas flying around my head constantly, guilt for not taking steps to achieve them) and stress = unhappiness.

I am definitely going to do the 6 list and a cleaning roster!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only way I can keep our home tidy is to send our 3 year old to Grandma and Grandad's, and send DH on a trip too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    chorebox.jpg

Came across this on pinterest. I did something like that and a sticker chart for my kids (at the time DD10, DS8 and DS6) it really worked, my house actually stayed cleaned! And now a year later, they are still pretty good even though we don't have the box or stickers anymore.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaDuck View Post
    Attachment 42870

Came across this on pinterest. I did something like that and a sticker chart for my kids (at the time DD10, DS8 and DS6) it really worked, my house actually stayed cleaned! And now a year later, they are still pretty good even though we don't have the box or stickers anymore.
    I saw this on Pinterest too. I love it, I think ill do it when my kids are older

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    That is an awesome idea Lexim!!!! I love your motivation!! I am a veeeeery lazy person, but am currently reading 'the happiness project' and thrashing out ideas at the moment. I know I need to be more organised, because my laziness causes me a lot of stress (ideas flying around my head constantly, guilt for not taking steps to achieve them) and stress = unhappiness.

I am definitely going to do the 6 list and a cleaning roster!
    Sounds like you need a big list as well. Every time I get an idea I just write it on my big list and then I stop thinking about it because I know it's there for later

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

Mum2EandR  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just made a big list Lexim!!! I need to do this!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best way for me to keep a tidy house:

Kick my partner out lol!!!