+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I wish I wasnt such a clean freak. Its exhausting keeping on top of it all and I wish I could relax enough to let it all go or at least not be so obsessed with it but having a clean house makes me feel "in control". it kind of embarrasses me a little bit as well that Im so neat when I have 2 toddlers and everyone expects me to have a messy house. When I have other mother friends over they always comment on my house and I can see them not wanting to invite me to their house because they think im a neat freak and might judge them. I really hate it but its all connected to my mental health. The better im feeling the more I can let go but when im feeling unwell im totally obsessive and need everything put in its right place. Im a whack job.

I love my "washing room" (spare room where washing is piled almost as high as the ceiling). Its the one messy room in the house and it makes me feel normal..
    Are you me? You just described what I'm like too! It's exhausting being so obsessed with order and cleanliness, especially with a child that likes to trash the house! I tell myself I need to chill out but I just can't. I am a total clean freak when it comes to my own house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a cleaner, in between her coming I clean as I go. My house is spotless but I only have a 13 month old DS, I do the things I need to do during his 1 x 3hr day sleep and still get enough time to watch Dr Phil and eat my lunch in peace!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to watch an episode or two of 'Hoarders' and 'How Clean Is Your House' and then I feel like a cleaning superwoman

Seriously I do a big clean each week (whole house) and day to day just tidy as I go. Kitchen is done every day and I have a digital stick Dyson which is fabulous in between proper vacuuming. You do waaaaaaay more than me but I'm generally happy with the state of my home so I'll stick to what I'm doing ;-)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (17-09-2013),jagamoe  (18-09-2013)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    I like to watch an episode or two of 'Hoarders' and 'How Clean Is Your House' and then I feel like a cleaning superwoman

Seriously I do a big clean each week (whole house) and day to day just tidy as I go. Kitchen is done every day and I have a digital stick Dyson which is fabulous in between proper vacuuming. You do waaaaaaay more than me but I'm generally happy with the state of my home so I'll stick to what I'm doing ;-)
    Haha I totally do that!
    I watch wife swap.....sometimes I can't believe the state people live in.....like live in a house with about 15 different animals.....in the house!!!!
    I feel like super woman afterwards lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i keep a tidy house but i also have a life. check lists would do my head in and id honestly feel like a slave!
    i simply clean and tidy as i go, or if i see something that needs doing, i do it then and there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get dh to put a password lock on the computers so I don't spend all day on Fb and bubhub, its amazing how much work I get done around the house then lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm currently training myself to shut the door on the mess and go out and have fun. I am getting so depressed at the constant monotony of cleaning that I have had to rethink my life. I don't want my kids to remember me like this. I have no idea if our house was clean or not growing up, I just remember Mum did lots of fun stuff with us and that's what I want my kids to remember too.
    Now I'm going to clean as I go and what doesn't get done wont kill us!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (17-09-2013),china123  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    I get dh to put a password lock on the computers so I don't spend all day on Fb and bubhub, its amazing how much work I get done around the house then lol
    dont give DW any bad ideas

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I love your ideas! I don't know if I could get to it all but I still highly rate it! Might pinch and adapt too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I haven't read all the replies but Shannon lush has great ideas for cleaning and how to keep on top of cleaning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast