Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Oh how I'd love to be like you.

I make beds and tidy up daily.
    The kitchen is clean and tidy after each meal.
    If the living area (which is our main play area) needs a vacuum it gets done on that day, otherwise once or twice weekly (I'm pregnant so it's tough at the moment).
    I don't scrub my bathroom more than once every 6 months, but it is mopped and disinfected at least weekly.
    Clothes washed daily or as needed.
    Dusting once a week.
    Windows as needed.

I applaud you for being able to do all that but how do you find the time? I struggle to do as much as I do every day & cook & play etc etc!

I'm very impressed with your list
    Sounds like your daily clean is much the same as my daily clean
    The weekly things I just do lol. I try and do them when DS is asleep. Like mopping (vacuum when he's awake, dusting, microwave, stainless steel and dining room chairs .
    I scrub the shower tiles when I'm in the shower - it's quick as I do it weekly, towels and bed linen will just get washed usually on a Monday as part of the washing, cleaning the kitchen tiles and cubs ill do if needed when cooking (usually a spot clean, sometimes a full wipe over)
    Pantry and fridge gets tidied before I do my weekly menu and shop on a Monday so I know what I've got
    I wipe bathroom/laundry cubs whilst kids are bathing - they are connected so I never leave the room.
    And I do the car whilst kids are playing outside

As for monthly (2 monthly) I just plod along and do when I can. Most things in my bathroom and laundry cubs are in baskets so its easy to pull them out wipe (if needed) and replace.
    All the extra dusting of rubber boards and light switches ill do during one of my weekly vacuums - I have a little attachment that I use.
    Oven cleans itself I just turn it on.

Should also mention that hubs is a landscaper so occasionally he has an easy day doing pick ups or deliveries in his truck he might take DS1 so I use this time to spend with DS2 and smash out a few bigger jobs
    The Same with my father in law- we bought our block of them and he's a farmer so he sometimes comes and gets DS1 and they go doing farm stuff.
    Not because I'm palming off my kids but because DS1 LOVES going with his dad or pa in the trucks, tractors, headers, loaders or doing other farm stuff.

Don't get me wrong some days I just have lazy days but like I said if I just do the bare minimum (daily clean) then I'm happy

Hope that gives some insight in how I manage. I just give the kids time in between. Eg DS1 and I just had a balloon dance party - I turned on the music, blew up balloons and had a dance off whilst DS1 watched....now we are off to hang out the washing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shove everything into drawers

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (19-09-2013),jagamoe  (18-09-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gosh your lists remind me of when I worked in daycare I don't use lists at home, just do things as they need doing during the day with a standard weekly clean. You should look into enjo by the way, will cut your cleaning time in half and you'll save a bomb on cleaning products! I'd love a spic and span home, I find a messy home stressful but with hubby working away and a 6, 4 and 2 yr old and working myself I have given up and am trying to be happy with 'good enough'. I find cleaners hopeless- I have never found one that does the job as good as I want and it's hard to find someone who doesn't want to use chemicals!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Also you should check out the organised housewife on facebook

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Also you should check out the organised housewife on facebook
    Yep I've got enjo products
    And I follow organised housewifes blog

Yeah when I was working my house wasn't as clean but I'm a sahm...sell a bit of Tupperware as well....so I have more time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In answer to 'how do you keep a tidy house'?

I pretty much don't stop from the moment I wake till long after the kids are asleep. It's important to me to have a routine (in terms of cleaning) so I'm pretty much on auto pilot with lists in my head. I can live with the house being a little untidy (4 kids under 7, so it's inevitable ) but I have to have a clean house and the only way to do that and still have time to spend with the kids etc, is to do it with a good routine and when the kids are asleep or playing outside etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I certainly don't do lists.

I do the main things as they need to be done. Generally Friday arvo and Saturday mornings before gym and swimming lessons.

The fridge was last cleaned out in May. Can't remember the last time I wiped out the cupboards.

My house is clean, but it's not neat. It is lived in.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

B00ts  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I do a tidy every morning before we head out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

B00ts  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    Yep I've got enjo products
    And I follow organised housewifes blog

Yeah when I was working my house wasn't as clean but I'm a sahm...sell a bit of Tupperware as well....so I have more time
    ah look you're all onto it

Oh love I Tupperware!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a cleaner once a week. But with a baby and a toddler I still do a lot myself.

I love having a clean and tidy house at all times so I do some housework in the morning each day before we head off to the gym, and my husband and I do a tidy up after kids are asleep, then we can both sit down and relax in a clean and tidy house. I make sure house is always this way just in case visitors pop in.

When I do baking or craft projects with my daughter I clean up as soon as we are finished.

The main way I keep the house tidy is by everything having a place. I have no clutter and love throwing away or donating things that we no longer use or are broken. I hate clutter!

I make sure I fold clothes and put them away as soon as they are dry so I don't have any piles of washing.

Love living in a clean and tidy house.

Also, I got the nesting bug pretty bad just before bubs was born (5 months ago) and I cleaned and tidied every cupboard in the house.
    Last edited by TeBe; 17-09-2013 at 13:55.