+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Q&A video from last night is here - for those who missed it.
    http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s3841115.htm

I take my hat off to Suzuki's ability to admit when he is wrong and acknowledge when he doesn't know things.

But, for someone to be so vocal about 'climate change' to not know anything regarding global temperature is bizarre.

Also, to write a piece in a newspaper with lies (increasing cyclones in Australia) without any evidence to back it up other than 'some Australian told him' does not do much for his credibility.

I'm glad he was on Q&A last night. It exposed him for what he is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I now have access direct to the leaked IPCC AR5 draft.

This quote for you Kirst:

Global mean surface temperature trends exhibit substantial decadal variability, despite the robust multi-decadal warming since 1901 (Figure SPM 1). The rate of warming over the past 15 years (1998−2012; 0.05 [−0.05 to +0.15]°C per decade) is smaller than the trend since 1951 (1951−2012; 0.12 [0.08 to 0.14] °C per decade). (Figure SPM.1) {2.4.3}
    The IPCC can acknowledge the 'pause'. Can you?

I can provide a link for those who may want to read the draft for themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to post another in a row, but I was glad to read this paragraph in the IPCC report:

Models do not generally reproduce the observed reduction in surface warming trend over the last 10–15 years. There is medium confidence that this difference between models and observations is to a substantial degree caused by unpredictable climate variability, with possible contributions from inadequacies in the solar, volcanic, and aerosol forcings used by the models and, in some models, from too strong a response to increasing greenhouse-gas forcing.
    That says alot. It is also what I have been saying for quite some time. The models cannot explain the recent 'pause'. The amount of unknowns in their excuse highlights how much is still not understood regarding climate change. And they only have medium confidence in those excuses.

This is what skeptics have been saying for years. But have been ignored. There is no argument as to whether CO2 causes warming. The main point of argument is the extent of that warming. The models have just been 'guessing'. And the evidence is now showing that the 'guess' was wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beebs has accused me (in another thread) of running quiet after the release of the latest IPCC report. So I thought it best to re-activate this thread.

My quotes from the leaked report are still current from the final draft.

The 'I'll wait until the document is released' excuse is now not valid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yer, most all climate scientists agree that the IPCC report shows the globe will warm by 2%, but Father doesn't agree.

Hmmm, who will I believe? Tough decision, a sports physio (or whatever it is you do with your sports medicine degree) or an entire planet of scientists...hmm. If only I had some kind of hint.

You crack me up. I have to say, I have long given up posting anything for you Father, because you just refuse to read, take on board or acknowledge anything that doesn't suit your own agenda, regarding climate, politics and circing.

But I do think, every now and then, someone needs to point out that most scientist agree with each other, and they don't agree with you and your tiny minority of sceptics. Must keep our feet on the ground eh!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (30-09-2013),Luna Lovegood  (30-09-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (30-09-2013),snowqu33n  (30-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For those interested:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...534465140.html

I actually can't see f's comments but judging by beebs, I thought I'd post this for others. And I think it's safe to assume that f hasn't read all 2000 pages of the report.
    Last edited by Kirst33; 30-09-2013 at 20:34.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Yer, most all climate scientists agree that the IPCC report shows the globe will warm by 2%, but Father doesn't agree.
    'Scientists agree that the report shows'. Is that your argument?
    Under which scenario are you basing the figure of 2%? Or do you mean 2 degrees C? Either way, which scenario. The IPCC doesn't say that. They actually say it could be as little as 0.3 degrees by the end of the century.

Hmmm, who will I believe? Tough decision, a sports physio (or whatever it is you do with your sports medicine degree) or an entire planet of scientists...hmm. If only I had some kind of hint.
    I do not have a sports medicine degree. That's two false comments.

You crack me up. I have to say, I have long given up posting anything for you Father, because you just refuse to read, take on board or acknowledge anything that doesn't suit your own agenda, regarding climate, politics and circing.
    I read the IPCC report. Did you? The way you are talking, it appears that you haven't. Do I believe it? Most of it - yes. But they have not adequately explained the lack of warming nor the discrepancies in the climate models.

But I do think, every now and then, someone needs to point out that most scientist agree with each other, and they don't agree with you and your tiny minority of sceptics. Must keep our feet on the ground eh!
    That has been pointed out many times. Is it accurate - not really. Does it matter - absolutely not. Science is not conducted through consensus.
    If you have looked at Lowy and Gallup polls, it is now showing that the majority of the population are actually skeptics (which is actually an important attribute, not a flaw). There are also thousands of scientists openly critical of the AGW theory - maybe you just don't read or acknowledge anything that doesn't suit your agenda

Thankyou for getting this thread started again. I think it is important to highlight the flaws of this document.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Do I believe it? Most of it - yes.
    Yay! Ladies, our work here is done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just in case anyone else has Father blocked, this is the prediction from the IPCC report based on regions. No, it doesn't look bad at all.....not
    http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_.../en/spms3.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just in case anyone else has Father blocked, this is the prediction from the IPCC report based on regions. No, it doesn't look bad at all.....not
    http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_.../en/spms3.html
    Silly Beebs, Father knows best.

Father even if by some tiny chance you were right. What would be the harm in putting in place things to help protect the planet?

I will never understand why caring for the planet, is a bad thing.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2013),HollyGolightly81  (30-09-2013)