+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The title of this thread should be changed to: ​Father got it wrong.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (20-10-2013),beebs  (20-10-2013),Funchu  (20-10-2013),HollyGolightly81  (20-10-2013),JungleMum  (22-10-2013),Mathermy  (20-10-2013),snowqu33n  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or perhaps, Sock, the more appropriate title would be: Arrogant People Dismiss and Ridicule BubHub Contributor?

Irrespective of whether you agree with the OP or not, I find it absolutely amazing (and appalling) that there are so many people in here who are ridiculing the OP rather than refraining from commenting when, for the most part, they haven't got anything to offer to the conversation other than condescension, derision and/or dodgy links. And those who are saying "thank you" to those derogatory comments are just as guilty.

If this happened to anyone else, I would wager that you'd be hotfooting it to the nearest moderator to complain. Because let's face it, many of you most certainly do.

I am disgusted that someone who is simply raising a point in a polite and non confrontational manner is treated in this way. I really am.

It's is not helpful, unwomanly and certainly not in the spirit of BubHub.

Shame on you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post
    Or perhaps, Sock, the more appropriate title would be: Arrogant People Dismiss and Ridicule BubHub Contributor?

Irrespective of whether you agree with the OP or not, I find it absolutely amazing (and appalling) that there are so many people in here who are ridiculing the OP rather than refraining from commenting when, for the most part, they haven't got anything to offer to the conversation other than condescension, derision and/or dodgy links. And those who are saying "thank you" to those derogatory comments are just as guilty.

If this happened to anyone else, I would wager that you'd be hotfooting it to the nearest moderator to complain. Because let's face it, many of you most certainly do.

I am disgusted that someone who is simply raising a point in a polite and non confrontational manner is treated in this way. I really am.

Shame on you.
    unwomanly.
    Oh noes.

I think it's an obvious joke.

Don't worry I can take plenty of teasing myself. I do believe once or twice way back when, you may have even said a thing or two to me that others considered reportable. But I always took it in good faith that you were joking and or having a bad day.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-10-2013),beebs  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Happy Wander is giving advice on how to treat others on bubhub, you have to be one of the most confrontational and judgemental members on the hub, you have managed to get so many peoples backs up, and yet you seem to think you have the right to tell others how they should be talking to each other? Ironic hardly covers it.

Dodgy links? Do you deny science as well? I think you'll find the links are all peer reviewed and/or actually relating to science.

Polite and unconfrontational or non confrontational perhaps? Maybe do your research HW - you really just don't have any idea of the history, nor have you seen the insulting and confrontational posts that a certain member has written, because they have been deleted.
    Last edited by beebs; 22-10-2013 at 10:14.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-10-2013),Clementine Grace  (23-10-2013),Mathermy  (22-10-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post

Shame on you.
    And what are you adding to the conversation?? Other than a dollop of irony, that is-You often post confrontational comments that upset others, i don't think you are in any position to police a thread!!
    I'm glad you think it's all polite on father's side, I'm guessing you didn't see the last comment of his prior to moderation. Trust me, father is more than capable of reporting posts and making less than polite remarks when he feels so inclined. Many participants in this thread have had lots of similar discussions with the op and are somewhat over his requests for evidence which he then refuses to accept when they don't fit his views. So yes, the frustration shows. I wasn't aware I was supposed to be "womanly"- wtf does that even mean?? Should I get back in the kitchen or something??

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-10-2013),Mathermy  (22-10-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also hw, it's a bit rich to derisively accuse people of running to the mods while attempting to chastise and moderate them.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-10-2013),Mathermy  (22-10-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (22-10-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    God.jpg

He's spoken!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-10-2013),beebs  (22-10-2013),Clementine Grace  (23-10-2013),snowqu33n  (22-10-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I'm glad you think it's all polite on father's side, I'm guessing you didn't see the last comment of his prior to moderation.
    What post of mine required moderation? I was not informed as such. If I said something that was inappropriate, it would be nice to be told.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    What post of mine required moderation? I was not informed as such. If I said something that was inappropriate, it would be nice to be told.
    I told you it was inappropriate and a mod deleted it. I'm obviously not going to repeat it here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nevermind, decided I couldn't be bothered.
    Last edited by Kirst33; 29-10-2013 at 19:44.