+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You haven't read the report have you Father, you are just sitting around reading other peoples (political scientists) thoughts on the report.

I have read the key findings from the horses mouth, the globe IS warming, the ocean IS warming, we have just had our hottest consecutive 30 years! since 1850, there are extreme changes in the weather, most likely to affect places like Australia. ALL of this is from the IPCC.

But you know what, you are the Meryl Dory of Climate change. She sees millions of people dying of vaccine preventable diseases, but still says they are bad and not needed, these people aren't dying from measles, they are dying because they are Vitamin A deficient and then caught measles. Do you see how crazy that sounds? Can you see how arguing with someone like that about science might me impossible? That is what it is like with you.

I'll say it again Father, I am going to take what the IPCC say about global warming above you. Heck, you only talk about 3 things, and you kind of get obsessive about them, it used to be that you ONLY talked about circ, now you ONLY talk about climate. That seems kine of strange to me actually.

Changes in many extreme weather and climate events have been observed since about 1950 (see Table SPM.1 for details). It is very likely that the number of cold days and nights has decreased and the number of warm days and nights has increased on the global scale6. It is likely that the frequency of heat waves has increased in large parts of Europe, Asia and Australia. There are likely more land regions where the number of heavy precipitation events has increased than where it has decreased. The frequency or intensity of heavy precipitation events has likely increased in North America and Europe. In other continents, confidence in changes in heavy precipitation events is at most medium. {2.6}

Each of the last three decades has been successively warmer at the Earth’s surface than any
    preceding decade since 1850 (see Figure SPM.1). In the Northern Hemisphere, 1983–2012 was
    likely the warmest 30-year period of the last 1400 years (medium confidence). {2.4, 5.3}

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh ho, still not mention about all those scientific groups that believe climate change at this rate is man made.

That is also cherry picking - deciding which things you will and won't respond to.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    The arrogance of who knows best is astounding.
    I know right. I am actually physically laughing about it. It just seems so....unbelievable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Double post
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 08-10-2013 at 08:57.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post

By the way, I wish climate scientists would focus their energy on such ideas like the robotic ships. If the science of climate change is settled, they should now be looking at the solutions. And the solutions do go beyond trying to reduce CO2 emissions, it is just that those other solutions don't fit with the ideological agenda.

This statement shows you know nothing about this field of science and I doubt have ever attended a national or international forum or "meeting of the minds" on this issue as there are many people including scientists, engineers, biologists, geologists who devote their career and life to finding solutions to these kind of problems. They don't have time to be arguing it out on parenting forums and putting up graphs because they are actually doing something about it in the real world.

If you feel so strongly about this issue, get in and do something about it rather than making endless threads on here that go no where and help nothing in reality. Why don't you try and create your own solution and do something with it.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 08-10-2013 at 09:00.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-10-2013),Kirst33  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    This statement shows you know nothing about this field of science and I doubt have ever attended a national or international forum or "meeting of the minds" on this issue as there are many people including scientists, engineers, biologists, geologists who devote their career and life to finding solutions to these kind of problems.
    Great. Would you care to share any of these solutions that don't involve spending great sums of money trying to reduce the emissions of a trace gas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Changes in many extreme weather and climate events have been observed since about 1950 (see Table SPM.1 for details). It is very likely that the number of cold days and nights has decreased and the number of warm days and nights has increased on the global scale6. It is likely that the frequency of heat waves has increased in large parts of Europe, Asia and Australia. There are likely more land regions where the number of heavy precipitation events has increased than where it has decreased. The frequency or intensity of heavy precipitation events has likely increased in North America and Europe. In other continents, confidence in changes in heavy precipitation events is at most medium. {2.6}
    It would be nice if you made quotes obvious. I assume that the above are not your words.

You accuse me of cherry picking, but then only select some 'extremes' rather than providing the full picture.

You did not mention:

“Current datasets indicate no significant observed trends in global tropical cyclone frequency over the past century … No robust trends in annual numbers of tropical storms, hurricanes and major hurricanes counts have been identified over the past 100 years in the North Atlantic basin.”

“In summary, there continues to be a lack of evidence and thus low confidence regarding the sign of trend in the magnitude and/or frequency of floods on a global scale.”

“In summary, there is low confidence in observed trends in small-scale severe weather phenomena such as hail and thunderstorms because of historical data inhomogeneities and inadequacies in monitoring systems.”

“Based on updated studies, AR4 [the IPCC 2007 report] conclusions regarding global increasing trends in drought since the 1970s were probably overstated.”

“In summary, confidence in large scale changes in the intensity of extreme extra-tropical cyclones since 1900 is low.”

Did you read those statements and choose to ignore them? Or just not read them?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hasn't the Earth always gone through cycles of climate change/global warming?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Hasn't the Earth always gone through cycles of climate change/global warming?
    Yes it has.
    For that reason, I find the term 'climate change' to be very misleading. No one denies the fact that the climate changes.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Yes it has.
    For that reason, I find the term 'climate change' to be very misleading. No one denies the fact that the climate changes.
    so why is it such a big issue?