+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    ????

Can't even call it by it's proper title? You make it sound like Assistant Minister for tampons and tim tams
    You are on fire tonight!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Well I am a Liberal voter (though I dont like Tony Abbott) ... but I am certainly concerned about the number of women in senior roles within his government.

If he seriously does not have the talent available within the pool of elected Liberal party members to appoint women in senior roles - that says a lot about the selection of candidates.

Parliament is supposed to be representative of the people.

Are we as a country seriously saying to the world that there isnt enough talented and capable women here to appoint a reasonably representative cabinet?

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-09-2013),Benji  (17-09-2013),BigRedV  (17-09-2013),BlissedOut  (16-09-2013),gizmoduckus  (17-09-2013),Mathermy  (16-09-2013),RobinSparkles  (17-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (16-09-2013),Sonja  (16-09-2013),Tainted  (17-09-2013),ZAK  (24-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This thread is seriously depressing...

And yet I still have friends asking me why we still need feminists to fight for the cause? I'll make sure to direct them here

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-09-2013),ChickyBee  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Oh if it's happening I want to hear it. I am just so surprised as I have never ever come accross a case where people with the same qualifications/quality of work are paid differently.
    http://www.natsem.canberra.edu.au/pu...-for-the-money

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Whilst on one hand it is a concern I'd be more concerned if he was putting women in just to make up the numbers rather than who was best for the job. According to the news (not the best source I know) but there aren't many women in the liberal party ready to take on cabinet. I sincerely hope this is temporary and we get more women in.
    In the seat I live in we just had a liberal member retire who would have probably been likely to be qualified to take on a ministerial portfolio. That seat has now been taken by a male member.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Do you realise female graduates earn less than male graduates with the exact same qualifications - graduates, with no professional work experience yet? That's a different issue but couldn't brush past your comments.
    Not in my area. Can someone post which graduate positions pay differently according to gender?

Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    "I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons." - Tony Abbott

Attachment 42448
    In Gillard's cabinet, she only had 3 female ministers, so I'm puzzled by that picture.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Im glad he has kept basically the same cabinet of members. ..not like the Labor Party who change every 2 years I cant keep up

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    And just because he doesnt have many female members doesnt mean he is anti-woman. But thats what feminists seem to think.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

Father  (17-09-2013),Spotdog  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why is it only a concern how many women are on the panel if we are playing the fair representation card, is there an aboriginal/ Torres Strait islander. Is there an Asian, a Muslim, a Jewish person. Etc....
    Why is only gender a consideration, also age why isn't there someone in their 20's there. There are so many other factors I don't understand why this forum is so obsessed with gender.
    I know places that use race for employment. They will employ an aboriginal over any other candidate even if they have better quals or experience to show diversity. Some companies get paid an allowance from govt for doing this. But u don't hear anyone saying that's unfair. But if it was the other way around all hell would break loose

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grooviechic35 For This Useful Post:

Father  (17-09-2013),haveheart  (17-09-2013),MrsHoward  (18-09-2013),Spotdog  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    Why is it only a concern how many women are on the panel if we are playing the fair representation card, is there an aboriginal/ Torres Strait islander. Is there an Asian, a Muslim, a Jewish person. Etc....
    Why is only gender a consideration, also age why isn't there someone in their 20's there. There are so many other factors I don't understand why this forum is so obsessed with gender.
    I know places that use race for employment. They will employ an aboriginal over any other candidate even if they have better quals or experience to show diversity. Some companies get paid an allowance from govt for doing this. But u don't hear anyone saying that's unfair. But if it was the other way around all hell would break loose
    Labor party has Asian, Muslim, Aboriginal, Jewish representatives currently.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2013-0...abinet/4961344

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-09-2013),mummabec  (18-09-2013),Tainted  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    How many Aboriginal people have university degree compared to other nationalities? What is the unemployment rate of Aboriginal people?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-09-2013)