+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommendations needed. Adelaide surgeon for a little baby

Hello, moms!
    Really need your suggestions.
    My baby was diagnosed with undescended testis and we were recommended a surgeon by our GP. His name is Christopher Kirby. We visited him, but he did not impress us at all. Seemed he was in a rush and did not go into details we were so needed. Just planned a surgery, that's it (we go private).
    Therefore I am wondering if any of you, dear ladies, could recommend another surgeon in Adelaide so we can have a second opinion and maybe change the recommended surgeon. I would appreciate all your advice.
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Honestly, although he was rushed, perhaps he is still a really good surgeon, just not great at communicating his procedures to his patients/patients parents.
    Perhaps your could book a second appointment with him and have all your questions on paper ready to ask.
    If he was recommended as a good surgeon, then I would still go with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Honestly, although he was rushed, perhaps he is still a really good surgeon, just not great at communicating his procedures to his patients/patients parents.
    Perhaps your could book a second appointment with him and have all your questions on paper ready to ask.
    If he was recommended as a good surgeon, then I would still go with him.
    Thanks, but it's always better to have a second opinion anyway. Just want to be sure the recommendation was right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have just been referred to Dr Chris Kirby too.
    Have heard really good recommendations about him too

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryMa View Post
    Thanks, but it's always better to have a second opinion anyway. Just want to be sure the recommendation was right.
    Fair enough. My ds had 2 surgeries when he was under 1 (Melbourne), so I know the feeling. Go with your gut instinct and recommendations ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No offence but I don't think Bubhub is the type of place you should be looking at getting getting recommendations on neonatal surgeons from.

Whilst there is lots of good advice/discussion here about obstetricians, maternity hospitals, midwives etc, for something like this I would be wanting to listen to the recommendations from other doctors based on medical practice and surgical competence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We love Kirby! Even though his people skills are not the best (trust me, we laughed about it sometimes), he is extremely good at what he does. A lot of doctors and staff at the WCH have said that he is one of the best. He also puts his patients first and will go in and fight hard if he thinks the hospital is not doing right by them. He has performed quite a few major surgeries on our son and I don't think I would have felt as safe putting him in anyone else's hands.

Don't judge a surgeon by how they talk to you, most of them don't have the best bedside manner. If you are in doubt, talk to other medical professionals to see who they think is the best person in the operating theatre.