+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Transverse baby 37wks

I'm a little worried now.. My LO has been head down almost the whole pregnancy. Then this morning (37wlks) .. She is most certainly sideways /transverse. : /

I can feel head and bum across my tummy.. Which is weird cause she was beginning to engage only last week and has been really getting low (head down) since I have been using my fit ball.

She better turn back down!!

I'm going to be so annoyed if I jumped through all these hoops to get a VBAC (not getting GD, placenta previa now moved clear) and after all this she is in the wrong position and they will want to do another C. It will be disappointing for sure.

Did anyone have a similar experience of bubs moving around so late but coming back down head first?

Could I be sleeping in the wrong position.? Should I be bouncing more or less on the fit ball ?!?
    Help!
    Last edited by MadeWithLove; 16-09-2013 at 11:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey hun. I did and bub was transverse most of the pregnancy. Turned at 35weeks engaged then turned back. Then turned back to back.
    But on the day before he was due he was right where he needed to be.
    I wouldn't worry too much but talk to your midwife.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have a look on spinning babies and try the exercises they suggest. I think if she had enough room to move transverse hopefully she will move back, but you don't want her to get comfy there. Oh and apparently doing a handstand in a pool can help as the weightlessness plus gravity should make it easier for bubs head to get down again.

You could also try acupuncuture if she doesn't move?

Good luck - hope she decides she's uncomfy like that. And I hope you get your VBAC!

But also, are you sure? Because I was convinced my bub had flipped breech because I was sure I could feel his head under my ribs, but the sonographer on Friday showed me that he's still well and truly head down, I was just doing a crappy job of discerning what lump was what!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually I can feel a very distinct back up one side and feet under my ribs. But today it was across the middle and smooth (back) with a bump at each end.. Head and bottom.

I will check out spinning babies and hope she turns around. I'm surprised.. I didn't think there would be enough room for turning at this late stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice on the turning, but if your waters break get on your hands and knees with bum up in the air and call and ambulance. No head in the pelvis, means there's nothing to stop the cord from slipping out if your waters went.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With second and subsequent bubs they have enough room.
    Spinning babies was great for ideas but nothing worked for me. He moved when he was ready.
    Good luck. It's always worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub moved at over 40 weeks. SUbseuqent pregnancies there is more space for them. Best wishes for your birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been bouncing and sitting leaning forward as much as possible Instead of slouching on the lounge. Last docs app (371/2wks) she was back to head down! ^.^

YAY!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (22-09-2013)