+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    It does get better. Could reflux/ silent reflux be an issue?

I've bottlefed and breastfed so I'd just focus on all the negatives of bottlefeeding- how expensive formula is, pita of having to wash bottles, having to get up in the middle of the night and mix/ heat up bottles.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My lo was a constant feeder/ upset at that age. & that exhaustion and sleep deprivation is an absolute killer!!! Twenty weeks on though and bf is great because I just have to roll out of bed, give her a boob & doze on and off till she's done - it would much harder and would wake bubs more if I had to go & sort out a bottle IMO, same can be said about getting out of the house! They're the lazy selfish reasons that I love - other have already touched on the not so selfish reasons good luck with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's the lazy selfish reasons that keep me motivated too. Every time I'm about to duck out of the house I smile because I don't have to give bottles a thought, think about how many I'll need or worry about what if I end up out for longer than I planned.

Also, with a 14 week old suffering from a snuffly nose and quite probably a wonder week at once, I'm so happy I can just snuggle him onto the boob when he stirs for the millionth time in one night rather than having to get up and rock him etc.

5-7 weeks are, from my experience with my 2 children, the hardest. The sleep deprivation starts to wear you down and you feel like its all neverending!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are doing wonderfully. Your bub may be going through his first wonder week. When my DS1 went through that week, he was constantly attached and constantly whinging and fussy. It gets easier. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My bub is 6 weeks and I feel your pain. So extremely tired and barely functioning but I'm pushing through in the hope that it gets better. Every time she sees the health nurse and I hear how much weight she is putting on and how healthy she is it makes me feel like it's all worth it. It's an amazing thing we're doing!

And also as a pp said, so much easier than bottles! You don't have to stuff around with bottles and warming it up at midnight when you have a screaming baby, just chuck them straight on the boob! And less dishes which is always a plus!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hang in there... I was ready to give up around then too... But bub grows out of wanting it all the time...

You are giving them the best possible nutrition available.
    You don't have to get up in the middle of the night & fumble around making up bottles.
    No sterilizing.
    No stinky formula poos.
    Breast is an easy comforter for bub.
    Helps you lose weight.
    Great bonding experience.
    It's free!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't give up Mumma! You're doing an amazing job. I breastfed twins for 7 months and pretty much had no issues. This time around, with DS I have gotten to the point of wanting to give up. I even went to the shops and got formula and sat there crying while I fed him a bottle. I just couldn't do it. Nothing beats the bond you get from BF and as PP have said it helps with weight loss which is always a bonus 😉 it WILL get easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa20588 View Post
    My DS is 5 weeks old. He is a constant feeder, especially at night. I know I offer the breast for comfort and whenever he is unsettled, but I don't know how to get out of that habit. Hubby takes him for a little bit but bub cries so hubby gives him back to me and doesn't settle till I offer the breast.
    We have no supply issues,plenty of wet and dirty nappies, great weight gain, all is great. I'm just ready to give up as I'm exhausted! So remind me and tell me how great it is for my son.
    This was exactly my ds. Unfortunately the constant feeding never stopped, I became too exhausted to function so I weaned him at 6mths. I know I gave him the best possible start to life on milk. I'm so glad I kept going even I'd it was until 6mths, its better than nothing at all. I had to put myself first, I also had another child and I was very run down from feeding.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to B00ts For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OP, Please know, there are absolutely no 'habits' forming with what you have been doing, in fact quite the contrary, as bub is just doing what he is programmed to do. It really is a hard slog in the very early days, you feel like you're feeding non-stop, but believe me, it is sooo worth it especially when that little fellow starts growing and things become a LOT easier, and they do, they really do.

Hang in there, try different positions (lie down when feeding, use a breastfeeding pillow etc) and know that you're doing the best for both of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for replying everyone, exactly what I needed to read! Just the exhaustion and sleep deprivation tends to make me not think. I breastfed my dd until 8mntgs and was devastated when she refused me, so don't want to give up but at times feel like it would be the easier option, but Thankyou for me reminding me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to melissa20588 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (16-09-2013)