+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Water births at mater mothers?

Hey there guys.

Dh and I aren't pregnant yet and have been ttc for a while now, but I just wanted to see if anyone out there had done a water birth at the mater mothers in Brisbane. I only just learnt they have 12 rooms that cater to it and have always wanted and intended to go for a water birth when the time comes and wanted to hear others options on it who have done a water birth. ....In particularly at Brisbane mater mothers :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We couldn't when I was there mid last year, so not unless they've changed it since then. There were baths in most of the birthing suites but you have to get out what it's time to push. The RBWH birth centre I'm pretty sure does water births.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a water birth in the birth centre at the RWBH in July 2011. It was fantastic. Great midwives, private and calm birthing process, no drugs. I highly recommend it. I know they changed their rules last year and you must live within their catchment area to enter the ballot to birth there. You must also have a low risk pregnancy.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    There are baths in the rooms but they are just regular baths, not birthing baths. You are also required to get out when it's time to push although my MW did tell me that some women don't make it out in time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as I'm aware you can labour but not deliver in water at the mater. RBWH birthcentre only allows waterbirths (I've had one and about to have second). You have to live Brisbane northside and have low risk pregnancy to be eligible for the birthcentre. Only other option is to homebirth that I know of if you live in Brisbane city. Not sure about Ipswich or caboolture but if they do allow you'd probably still need to live in their catchment areas.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live on the southside so wouldn't be able to go to rbwh. The mater mothers is my local because im on the border for the mater catchment and the
    QEII but would prefer the mater as its where I normally go for hospital needs....also has anyone gone to the natural fertility Centre at the mater mothers? I also only just heard about it. ....

I really hope I can do as close to a water birth as possible when the time comes, I prefer it personally over drugs if I can avoid the assistance :-) so if anyone else who might want to add to this chat please let me know your thoughts :-)