+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    I've been recommended a dog food called barf for our mastiff.
    Yes!!! But I've been making it myself - she loves it! I got the recipe from the BARF vet - I'm just not sure how much she will eat when she's bigger!! ( its gross as its raw but easy to do!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I try to stay around $350 a fortnight ($400 max) for 2 adults, toddler and preschooler. Including nappies, household products and food.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Way too much at the moment! Miss 10 has been loving things like deli cheese and crackers for afternoon tea, she's a good eater and has the more expensive breakfast like Burcher muesli. We've switched to Mungalli Creek yoghurt and milk too, I've found we now use less milk than before but it's a bit more expensive and the yoghurt is nice but again it's not cheap. We have loads of room to move in our budget. We go to the shop most days so I haven't really sat down and worked out how much it would cost. We do get good quality and we buy meat from the butcher and fruit and veg from the market on a Sunday then top up at the local produce place. I've only recently switched to Mungalli Creek dairy but so glad to have discovered it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Ours is roughly $150 a fortnight.

Eta- for 2 adults and a 2 1/2 yr old
    Id love to get ours down to that? Any tips?

Ive managed to get it down to $300 a fortnight from $450 but cant seem to get much lower that that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    $120-$150 a fortnight for myself and two very hungry boys.
    Tips? We are at $300 a fortnight atm and would love to get it lower

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2 adults and 4 kids I spend around $200-230 week.
    I try and spend less, Barely buy any junky snacks, lots of healthy food etc but the 4 kids eat a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have $350f/n for 2 adults and an 18mo. If the money runs out, we have to make do as there is no extra in the kitty.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We spend about 250 a week, it's hard to get it lower as we have allergies and have to buy very specific brands and products.
    Eta that's for 2 adults& 2 kids
    Last edited by Gothel; 15-09-2013 at 22:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow everyone's food bills are a lot less than mine. I spend approx $250-$300 a week for 2 adults, a 4yo and 16 mth old. Would love to spend less but don't know what to change. Ive started to get washing liquid and laundry liquid at red dot which saves a lot, I cook from scratch and don't buy the kids pre packaged snacks or anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    Wow everyone's food bills are a lot less than mine. I spend approx $250-$300 a week for 2 adults, a 4yo and 16 mth old. Would love to spend less but don't know what to change. Ive started to get washing liquid and laundry liquid at red dot which saves a lot, I cook from scratch and don't buy the kids pre packaged snacks or anything. Any suggestions?
    Same here with 2 adults, a 3 year old and a 14 month old. And 2 cats. I CBFd driving round sourcing cheap fruit & veg or bulk products. I get everything from one place (Coles or Woolies). I grocery shop with both kids in tow and the idea of traipsing around to multiple shops makes me feel all twitchy.