Closed Thread
Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Hope I can join you all! DH and I have been TTC for over 2 yrs now. DH is all good, I apparently have severe endometriosis which I had surgery for in Sept last year and PCOS. So we are on our second round of clomid, first round no ovulation so upped the dose and have had my day 21 blood test which showed ovulation .

My my side effects haven't been a lot of fun. I had pretty bad stabbing pains around the ovaries, sore breasts (that also got huge, which is a bit of a bonus), bloating and nausea. Also, I cried in Home Alone so my emotional state hasn't been ideal...

So, I'm currently day 30 of an irregular cycle, hanging out, crying at the drop of a hat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    welcome sullo08. Yay for ovulating this month! If your day 21 test showed ovulation and you are now day 30, have you done a pregnancy test (or your day 21 test wasn't actually on day 21?). Are you getting regular monitoring with a FS.

My side effects sound very similar to yours. I told the nurse the other day I thought it was an evil evil drug (if I get a BFP i'll change my mind).

Thanks
    Reviews
    HeyMissA, no I haven't done a test, I have a 33 - 40 day cycle and have been trying to wait until at least AF due date so we can maintain some hope! My day 21 test was on day 21.

Im I seeing a FS, but not having ultrasounds or anything other than the clomid and blood tests.

It it is a pretty evil drug But then again, if it works I'll think back that it was worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amen to the evil drug! ! But so so so worth it if it works!!

Welcome sullo!

Fs put me on 100mg and am now on cd5 she's decided to monitor it this month so it will be to get some Def answers on if it's working. I go for my scan on 22/01 which will be cd11 does that sound right?

Oh I so hope this month is the month!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarahjane- my clinic starts monitoring on day 8-9 which I thought was too early but then this month day 8 estrogen was high so had my u.sound on day 9 and triggered with a 24mm.

I'm sure if they didn't start scanning until day 11 I would have still been fine, just would have been a stupid big follicle. Nothing much happened before day 11/12 last time so hopefully it will give you answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hoping it's okay if I join this thread too??? Hubby (34) and I (30) have been trying for a bub for almost 16 months now. Well, we did fall pregnant back in August, but sadly miscarried in October at 9 weeks. We were so devastated. Had a D&C and had heard I should be more fertile right after! That gave us some hope, but nothing so far. I have really irregular cycles, some super long! Have polycystic ovaries which must cause it, so after last cycle which was 53 days (O at day 40) enough was enough. Went back to OB and she put me on Clomid. Excited to be trying something new! Took 50mg CD3-7 and am on CD10 today, so hoping to see some O action in the next week! I should also mention, that I was doing acupuncture and chinese herbs, ever since July last year. Although I did fall pregnant on the first cycle of doing that (hence why I stuck with it) it didn't help me to keep the baby, nor has it regulated my cycles since the mc, so I couldn't justify paying the weekly $120 any longer. PRAYING that Clomid is the answer for us!!! Looking forward to going on this journey with all of you. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome misssmiley. Hope you get good results on clomid. So sorry to hear about your loss after so long ttc. I got pregnant last June after acupuncture and herbs too but lost my baby in august and had no luck since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sullo08 I had to laugh when you said you cried during Home Alone! That's exactly what I'm like on Clomid, total emotional mess! I also had insane stabbing pains the first time I ovulated on Clomid but hardly any pain the next 3 times.

Sarahjayneb when I was monitored they asked for a scan on day 10 if possible, otherwise day 9 or 11, so that's similar to you! Good luck - it's so good knowing for sure what's going on.

Welcome misssmiley01! I do acupuncture and herbs - I don't know if they've had an impact on my fertility, but it has improved my mental state so much that I keep paying for it! I used to get so depressed every time AF would arrive and I really wasn't coping but acupuncture has made the world of difference! Anything to help me continue on this journey!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phee - good to hear that acupuncture had been helping around AF. I may need to book in for some follow up as I was a mess last time. I did 2mts of treatment and was told just to see how it went from here but I end up super stressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Sullo and Smiley!

I'm sorry to hear your all having issues with Clomid - TTC and maintaining a normal life is hard anyway, never mind drugs making us crazy! A good way to look at it is that its getting us one step nearer and preparing us for potential IVF drugs.. Fingers crossed tho that none of us need to do that tho..

Sullo - my FS told me that if I O'd is alway have a period 14- 16 days later and the luteal phase is always roughly the same.. It's the phase before ovulation that drags on for infinity for us PCOS ppl! Not sure if that's 100% correct but might be worth doing a test?!

Smiley - welcome and so sorry about your MC..I can't imagine the wait finally being over and then losing bub 😥 Have you tried metformin? I'm on it for my PCOS and its meant to reduce the chances of miscarriage for PCOS sufferers.. Also meant to aid Clomid working.. Just a thought..

As for me..CD25 and I really feel the Clomid actually worked this time! Hooray! Had ovulation pains at the right time and now I've got super sore boobs so I think AF is round the corner.. I don't think I'll get a BFP but as someone with PCOS its just nice to have a 'normal' cycle so far!

I also loved acupuncture/herbs.they fantastic at keeping the mental state where it needs to be.. It's super expensive tho so a bit of a luxury for me on top of all the other stuff unfortunately..

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 37 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Fingers crossed!