Closed Thread
Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Bundle of joy,

Welcome to our little Clomid club! I also have PCOS but most FS won't put you on Clomid until after 12mths TTC as your not technically infertile till then.

Most say a maximum of 6 cycles on Clomid before moving to either an IUI/ IVF but if any of us on here are anything to go by then after your 3rd round you'll be ready to move onto the next step!

Phee and MissA.. I also have a FS appt on the 27th Feb to proceed with IVF if Clomid doesn't work.. Looks like we'll all been in the IVF thread by Easter! I was really hoping for a natural conception by after 14mths TTC its time to haul out the big guns! Good luck to all of us for a BFP in Feb then!

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 37 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for letting me know that amiracle4me, yes I've done a quick read of the previous posts and from what you ladies have said about the side of effects, clomid does not seem like the most joyful drug to be on! But, hey if it brings us a baby I will give it a shot. I had a feeling It wouldn't be such a easy journey like it has been for my friends (all fell pregnant on 1st go-so lucky!!!). I was a IVF bub 25yrs back, every time I speak to mum she reassures me it will all work out, and that when you get to hold your baby for the first time all the troubles you had falling pregnant were worth it and will seem like a life time ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MissA - our FS didn't advise IUI for us because there's no problem with DH's sperm so IUI was unlikely to increase our chances. He was happy for us to move to ivf even before we tried Clomid.

Welcome bundle of joy! Our FS monitored me on Clomid for the first 2 rounds and when they were both successful (at making me ovulate) he said he was happy for us to continue on Clomid for as long as we wanted. DH and I originally thought we'd try 6 rounds but I changed my mind and only did 4. Hopefully your FS will let you start as soon as you want - sometimes if they suspect an issue they won't make you wait 12 months. Ours originally suspected an issue with my fallopian tube and was happy to do a laparoscopy as soon as we wanted - even before we started trying!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

HeyMissA  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, welcome to the new clomiders! I know a few of you were asking how long to go on it for, it is highly recommended not to take for more than 6 months as it thins your lining. If you were to fall preg you would have a much higher rate of m/c as the embryo would have difficulty implanting. I'm moving onto ivf but quite anxious as like many of you I felt pretty ordinary on clomid and the ivf drugs are meant to be much worse :-( worth a try though!
    Good luck this cycle all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks phee83 and to all for the advice, we hope to start the clomid next cycle. I will keep popping into this thread for advice. Good luck to all starting out on IVF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks phee - my first FS said straight to Ivf but I got a second opinion who put me on clomid. By Feb it will be 16mts so hoping new FS will just refer me otherwise I'll go back to my old FS. Just a pain how it takes 2+ MTS to get an appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bundle of Joy - You might be lucky and not have any clomid side effects. In fact, I almost forgot to take it one night - I had no side effects at all. I read a study that said less than 10% of women had side effects - however anecdotal evidence and stories from the girls here would definitely suggest many more than that.

I feel like moving up to IVF is such a big step. I know it is probably what is coming for me also if clomid doesnt work. We did do one cycle of letrozole (femera) but I didnt O on this. I guess I could try that again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD 9 and off for an ultrasound this morning to see how things are going this round. This is 1 day earlier than they wanted to do one last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for you! !!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    How can each round of clomid be so so different!

Round 1 - 50mg. day 12, 5 follicles total, largest 19mm and 15mm. trigger shot - ovulate day 14.
    Round 2 - 50mg. unmonitored so who knows! Never got a positive OPK, was close on day 15 though.
    Round 3 - 50mg. day 9, one single big fat 24mm. trigger tonight so will O on day 11.

go figure!