Closed Thread
Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I totally know what you mean about Genea.. When I first saw my FS she was also really pushing ICSI.. It was the first time I had ever seen anyone and it seemed so drastic! It was only through my own research that I read about Clomid.. She was happy to prescribe it when I mentioned it but I have a feeling she wouldn't have said anything had I not first..
    I'm not keen on the Genea nurses either as all very very young and make me feel a big patronised..it seems too business like..
    I'm excited to start with my local public hospital.. They're all much older and more experienced..
    Having the right clinic makes all the difference!

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 37 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid started 11/11/13 - No ovulation
    Next Clomid cycle due to start December

Thanks
    Reviews
    So ultrasound today suggests 50mg clomid is working... possibly too well.

5 follicles (16, 15, 13, 11, 11) - YIKES! another scan in 2 days to check only two mature or I'm guessing i'll be told to hold off this month.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Also I found my estrogen levels interesting.Yesterday (day 8) they were 875 and today (day 9) they were 323. I thought E2 levels were meant to increase. The nurse mumbled something about clomid may increase E2 and then drop and then increase again later and we'll just have to see what happens.

Anyone know about this as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! Lucky you! That's fab news! It would be such a shame to cancel your cycle.. Between me having no reaction and you having a big one it seems we need to find some middle ground lol

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 37 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    I'm on my cycle 6 of clomid and tracking have a new Fs. Thinks that I'm not Oing on 100mg so will move to 150 if not and then onto injectables if that level also doesn't work! Happy to have a new switched on FS! Cd10 here so blood tests daily. Goodluck for this cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Amiracle4me,
    I know how you feel about the hubby having a sneaky drink when we first strted trying he did it a few times and i would just break down because of all the stuff i had given up.... but now that we are just taking it as it comes his more relaxed and he and i pass up alcohol easily...
    it was harder when we went to his parents for dinner as they didn't know we were trying for a baby so it made it difficult to reject an alcoholic beverage..(they were and still are against us trying for a baby.. but like we say to them its up to us not them).. they frustrate me soooo much haha
    That's great news you've started the next step.. must of been hard to make that phone call... but i hope clomid works its magic for you

I have some exciting news though i did an ovulation test yesterday its a saliva one, and the whole screen was covered in ferns there was no gaps at all i was sooo excited as i didn't ovulate last month (i know that coz i didnt get any symptoms of ovulation occurring) but i had been feeling like i was going to ovulate soon which made me take the test... so !

Thats very exciting MissA.. your cycle doesnt get canceled!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    tynx - yay for the new FS.

KRAD - lots of babymaking for you by the sounds of it.

I have a pretty uncomfortable pressure on both ovaries. So hard to concentrate on work when i've got them reminding me that they're permanently there. I'm pretty sure those follicles haven't reduced as I can feel them on both sides. B/t and Ultrasound tomorrow will tell all I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah lots indeed, just hope its not all for nothing again!
    I'm currently talking to a friend and she's getting me really upset!!! argh... she fell pregnant when she wasn't even trying and now shes rubbing it in saying she will fall pregnant easily again when she wants her second.... you can fully tell shes doing it to upset me because she knows we've been struggling!! sorry had to vent!
    does anyone else have a friend like that???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Krad - that's pretty crap. I have one 'friend' like that. When I told her about my m/c after our long ttc journey she proceeded to tell me that she wasn't trying yet but had a scare and thought she could be pregnant already.

Lots of my friends are pregnant (one due on my due date for my last m/c). I think people don't know how to approach you when they've never experienced infertility.

I had one friend phone me to tell me especially that she was pregnant. I know she meant the best and wanted to tell me personally because she knew of my loss. It was hard to be happy for her and i'd much have preferred a text so i could just deal with it in my own way but I knew she thought a personal phone call was more sensitive.

I just put it all down to others having no idea - just like I had no idea a year ago!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kr.. I'm glad I'm not the only crazy having a go at the DH for drinking!
    I have definitely hit a wall myself and an feeling really unmotivated to do anything 'TTC' related so I think it's my bodies natural way of telling me just to have a break from it all mentally and physically.. I've stopped seeing my acupuncturist, stopped the herbs and am just looking forward to my holiday in 3 weeks
    My FS has said that I can try 100mg of Clomid without tracking it over Xmas so I'm hoping it works and I come back in the New Year with a miracle!
    I'm just waiting for AF now..

How come your hubby's parents are so unsupportive of the decision to make a baby? Your married and age shouldn't matter if your in a loving and stable relationship.. Good luck with the tests today!

In terms of having friends rub your nose it it that's awful.. I would either put it down to immaturity or her not being a real friend.. TTC is a hard road and we need have all the support we can get.. *hugs*

Hey MissA.. Sounds like your all set to get BDing also!

Keep us all updated with your bloods/scans today!

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 37 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 28-11-2013 at 06:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went in this morning for ultrasound and nurse said I would most likely be cancelled seeing as though I still had 5 eggs (18, 16, 13, 11, 11) and the trigger could cause the 13 and 11s to grow. I did tell her it didn't appear as though the 13 and 11s had grown in the past 2 days and she thought I may have a small chance of going ahead in that case.

Then got the phone call and was told FS thought it was OK to proceed (as long as I was comfortable with a twins risk) and go in for trigger immediately . Bloods weren't ridiculously high (E: 675, LH 4.5) so that may have swayed him.

Looks like i'll have a few days of BDing ahead of me.

DH and I had already had a discussion about multiples risk and after no viable pregnancy after 13+mts even 3-4 eggs would just up my odds of one being fertilized (if at all) but no chance of all of them and so would try regardless.

Anyway as for symptoms. I've been soooo agitated today. I could barely sit still or concentrate... could this be a clomid symptom?