+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Had enough of Implanon - what are the alternatives?

Ive had Implanon now for 8 months and im sick and tired of my period being irregular and lasting ages (currently on day 18 of bleeding grrrr...). I was hoping it would settle itself down but it hasn't yet, its all over the place! Ive also had some small weight gain (around 3-5kg), weird feeling breasts and feel generally crappy.

I used to take the combined pill Trifeme before I was pregnant and I never had any issues with this. Im not BF any longer so I am considering going back onto this.

Seeing my doctor next week to discuss but Id just like to know from other mums if they have experienced the same issues and what worked for them. Ive heard the Mini Pill can have the same effects as Implanon as it is the same ingredient? Also im not really interested in having Mirena put in either.

I just want everything to be normal again but I really don't know what to do!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What about the nuvoring?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't know about it, so ive just googled it. It could be an option.
    But do you feel it during sex?

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    What about the nuvoring?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I loved nuva ring. Used it successfully for three years, but then fell pregnant with DS while using it. I had no side effects, lighter periods. Can't feel it day to day and can't feel it during sex. Overall it was awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just started the nuva ring (day2). I haven't seen my partner yet, so I'm yet to find out whether you can feel it during sex lol. But I was told that in clinical trials, 9/10 men couldn't feel the ring during sex. You can take it out for up to 3 hrs, so there is that option.

It's also pretty expensive, about 28-30 a month. I wasn't quite ready for the mirena and kept forgetting to take my pill, so trying this option for now.