+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default 8 month old dropping down to 1 nap

My DD is 8 months old, she only just dropped down to 2 naps a day at 7 months, and at nearly 8 months she dropped down to 3 bottle feeds a day. She has also just started crawling and trying to sit up by herself and pull herself up onto furniture. Now it looks like she wants to drop the morning nap. The past week we have struggled every single day at morning nap time, she's cried for ages and almost all the days didn't even end up sleeping, just crying, blowing raspberries and rolling/ crawling around her crib until after an hour I gave up and got her up.

Today I just couldn't be bothered putting up the fight so let her stay wake until 12:30 when I put her down for a nap and she went straight to sleep. Isn't this way too early for her to be having only 1 nap a day? Could it be temporary because of all the recent changes? I'm dreading tomorrow when DH is at work and her only having 1 nap, I don't know if I should still be trying to put her down for the morning nap or just not even try?

Anyone opinions/ advice would be much appreciated!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What time was she going down for the morning nap? You might be able to get her to sleep if you put her down 30-60 mins later. That's what I've found with DD, she now goes down at 9.30 instead of 8.30, and sleeps for an hour instead of 1.5 hours, then has another hour in the afternoon, where she was only having 30 mins in the afternoon previously. I know for her if she was to have one sleep at midday she would really struggle to last till bedtime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD dropped down to one day nap at 7 months old. She then cut out her naps fully at 19 months old after months of struggling to get day naps in, however she'd be up till 8:30-10pm. I knew it was going to happen though. She's never been a big day sleeper since day dot. Now at 2 she goes to bed at about 7:30-8:00pm and sleeps in anywhere from 7:30-9:00. The last week she's been putting herself to bed which up until then used to be a big battle every night. She's an excellent talker and very clued on (not being bias either, other friends have made the same observations and are blown away). I don't believe in textbook babies, well for me anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for your replies! She ended up only having the one nap yesterday and was absolutely rotten at night, wouldn't go down for hours and was exhausted so I tried putting her down later for her morning nap today. It still took about half an hour but she went down a lot quicker than last week, hopefully this keeps working! Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No real advice, just hope things get easier soon. Struggling with naps/sleeps is horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS dropped to one night at 6 months, but it then became a long sleep (2 hr +) for a few months. Neither of my kids have been big sleepers, and both dropped day sleeps early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my ds is 8.5mths and the last 2-3 weeks has been doing this:
    10am nap till 10.30. morning tea
    lunch at 12
    bed at 1.15 untill 3.30/4.

Soon (as in next week when dh is on hols) i will push him to stay up untill 11.30/12 by going out when he'd usually have that 10am nap. bring morning tea and lunch forward and get him to sleep 12-3pm.

most days he isnt tired at 10, its not worth waiting an extra half hour or so, id rather keep him up at this age. i have a toddler who still sleeps 1-3pm and i want them to sleep at the same time....for no other reason but my own sanity!!! hehe