+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS 9 has massages/osteo every 6 months or so. He prefers me to wait outside. I know the guy well and I respect my son's wishes.

Why is it that men are immediately assumed to be bad?? ffs this is a professional...maybe mum/dad have been going there for years...maybe it was her dad/uncle?

Should we assume a female massage therapist would be having lust thoughts about a 13 year old boy?

SHould we assume that every male who gives a massage is lusting after his patients?

seriously...i feel so sorry for men sometimes!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (15-09-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (15-09-2013),HippyGirl85  (15-09-2013),Lincolns mummy  (15-09-2013),mum2twinboys  (15-09-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (15-09-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (15-09-2013),Stolen  (15-09-2013),wannawannabe  (15-09-2013),xanadu  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 5 yo twins both have terrible growing pains. The only thing that helps is massage. I do it at the moment only because its easier however I have no issues sending them to a professional - male or female. Gosh, I can't understand this blanket assumption that males in female dominant roles are only out to satisfy their own needs. I too feel sorry for men, I couldn't imagine doing a job I loved and being seen as some kind of pervert because its a "traditionally" female role.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are many European's who would wonder what all the fuss was about. I have a European friend who was getting massages from male masseuses (for they had the best pressure "apparently") and going into saunas (real ones where you are naked) from a very young age.

At this point we do not know if this was her first massage or not, her actual age, or any reason (not that I think there should be a reason at all for a massage). There are many reasons why a young teen could need a massage, let alone want one, without having to be a spoilt brat, and if she is being signed up for one a month, I'd say it is fairly easy to assume she has reasons besides enjoyment.

I agree that I would most likely have gone in for the first session, and had a massive talk with my child about appropriateness of touch (but how do we know this hasn't happened? We are assuming it hasn't because the Dad wasn't in there this time, but if she were a Gymnast/swimmer etc she has possibly already had massages and that talk before and may be comfortable with a male because of her coach/ physio than with her Dad in there!) but there is no way I would invade that relaxation time with my presence after that, if I didn't feel right after the first one I would have hunted again.

It is hard to judge from a snapshot what I would do in the same scenario. DD hasn't had a massage yet, but this has been her choice and not mine. If she did I would most likely go in with her but I am selfish and would get a massage at the same time in the double room!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Notably Nutty For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had massages since the age of 12 due to neck issues and tension headache. My first masseuse (a sports therapist) was male. My mum always sat in (probably until I was 16ish).

I have no issue with it if the parent is there.
    Last edited by teenie; 15-09-2013 at 21:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If the masseuse/masseur is clever they would always request a parent/carer be present for duty of care & to protect themselves. A minor could misunderstand and/or misrepresent the touch as sexual quite easily.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had massages and seen a chiro since I was 14 due to migraines. Both were male and not once was I uncomfortable or had a parent sit in on the appointment. I don't see the big deal at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    My DS 9 has massages/osteo every 6 months or so. He prefers me to wait outside. I know the guy well and I respect my son's wishes.

Why is it that men are immediately assumed to be bad?? ffs this is a professional...maybe mum/dad have been going there for years...maybe it was her dad/uncle?

Should we assume a female massage therapist would be having lust thoughts about a 13 year old boy?

SHould we assume that every male who gives a massage is lusting after his patients?

seriously...i feel so sorry for men sometimes!
    It is strange. I have a few young male clients, and their mothers don't know me from a bar of soap, let allow me to be shut up in a small room with their sons, semi-undressed (and under covers, but still). I have young female clients who I deal with too - getting right up close to their genital regions... and nobody ever worries that I might be a pervert just waiting for my opportunity to molest some kid.

I'd say MOST people working in that kind of industry, especially if they're working at a spa/salon/whatever, are just doing their job... not paedophiles just hoping that there may be a child client who comes in that they can tamper with. You'd be in the wrong industry if that's what you were hoping for... child clients being few and far between.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Notably Nutty  (16-09-2013)