+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am rather anxiety prone and always have been since childhood. I had massages from quite a young age, and yes sometimes purely to take the attention away from stress. Mum was always there with me and it took away a lot of tension. I don't see the issue myself. I still love massages, even when I have no obvious physical ailments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why shouldn't a child have a massage just to feel good?

Surely the dad was sitting in? If so I don't see the problem, if not then its inappropriate.

Before the age of 15 or so a parent always came with me into the doctors office or any appointments - children need advocates in these situations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    Why shouldn't a child have a massage just to feel good?

Surely the dad was sitting in? If so I don't see the problem, if not then its inappropriate.

Before the age of 15 or so a parent always came with me into the doctors office or any appointments - children need advocates in these situations.

No. Dad actually was outside in the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I think it's fine as long as the parent goes in (which he should have). She probably would have been more comfortable with a female though.

The only massage I've had was at a physio when I tore both of my hamstrings right near my undie line. I was 17 and the male physio offered to swap with a female which made me much more comfortable.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would sit in, regardless of male or female.

But my grandma is/was a massage therapist and would have massaged my cousins since they were young, so I don't really see a problem with the experience of it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At that age, I would have felt incredibly awkward having my dad see me half undressed so I would have felt more comfortable being with the massage therapist on my own. I used to see a chiro at that age and hated even taking my shirt off with mum in the room as my boobs had started to develop and I didn't want her to see them.

I wouldn't take my daughter to any kind of treatment where I didn't trust the therapist (I.e. I probably wouldn't take her to a chiro, physio or massage therapist that I haven't already been to myself), so once she was old enough to clearly articulate what the problem area was, I'd let her go in alone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

River Song  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 31 and still don't like
    Male massage therapists

Thanks
    Reviews
    You just assumed she was 12-13. Perhaps she was older. When I was 17/18 I looked about 12/13. When I got my P's I got weird looks coz I looked too young. I even had to prop myself up for a few years to see over the wheel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get massages each week and they are not sexual, so why is it so disastrous or immediately assumed to be sexual just because the client is younger?

My headaches started around 15 (from carrying a heavy schoolbag) my massages started from then. We didn't have much money so it wasn't about being spoilt, it was purely to relieve the muscle tension to stop the headaches, simple.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't imagine too many 13 year old's who would feel comfortable and relaxed being massaged by a male therapist? Maybe i'm old fashioned but I would have been mortified at that age LOL. Not necessarily because I would assume anything untoward would happen, but also for comforts sake I think it would be more appropriate to request a female in this situation.